Chapter 6. The Beauty

No one made a sound. The group quickly exchanged looks, disregarding Zhang Chengling to slowly circle around Gu Xiang and Zhou Zishu.

Gu Xiang sighed. “What an unfortunate situation. I haven’t done gooddeeds in forever, and of course the moment I did it troubles came to me.
Brother Zhou, I’m just a frail maiden who has
never been attacked by thismany before, I’m
very afraid, please protect me.”

That last sentence could really scare people to death. Zhou Zishu almosthad to struggle to breathe properly, giving Gu Xiang a bothered look whilethe girl put on her best poker face.

She then stared back at him witheringly.

The group of assassins felt somewhat out of place during this lovinglytender staring contest.

It wasn’t clear who issued the order for others to
move forward, but in no time, a web-like
formation was created, caging thetwo inside.

Only now did Gu Xiang uttered a soft “Ah,” face stern, interest piqued. Thedelicate charade was dropped; she ignored Zhou Zishu, pulling out a smalldagger, ready to face the oncoming
assault.

She had faith in her own capability, but quickly realized the formation wasquite a tough one the moment the fight started.

There were fourteenenemies, and while it was possible that not all of them would be a match forher, as a whole they had created continuous pressure on all sides, makingthe situation
increasingly perilous.

She ended up forced to retreat whilefighting, with the formation simultaneously closing in on her, blocking allescapes.

Doubt festered in Gu Xiang as she withdrew next to Zhou Zishu. Theystood with their back toward each other; Zhou Zishu’s gaze darkened.

Hewatched their enemies without blinking, telling Gu Xiang, “I’veunderestimated them.”

Gu Xiang couldn’t take it in at first. Her forehead sweated faintly. “What…is this formation?”

Zhou Zishu replied, “I’ve never encountered it before, but it’s said thatthere exists one called the Formation of Far and Wide, its structure is ever-changing and well-coordinated. Every person’s gap can be filled in byothers almost immediately and immaculately, creating a barrier throughwhich nothing can pierce…”

Gu Xiang cried out as Zhou Zishu used his bare hand to stop an incomingblade and knocked it away.

“Then what do we do now?”

Zhou Zishu gave her no answer, eyes entirely focused. All of a sudden, heflew up, using the altar as a platform to launch himself further into the air;the dusty table didn’t even budge during the whole process.

Three maskedmen followed him immediately, swords blocking every way out, but ZhouZishu unexpectedly moved backwards, wriggling
through their defense likea fish to reach the
Buddha statue.

He made a noise, and with an unknown strength, using his hands to propelthe statue forward, mumbling, “Buddha, have mercy and help me thistime.”

The stone statue came at the masked men at full force; Gu Xiangimmediately stooped down to get out of its way, feeling the wind grazingher hair.

The three after Zhou Zishu in midair were not that fast, they didn’texpect this retaliation at all.

Facing it head-on was the only option sincethere was no way to dodge or seek assistance, and
naturally they wereknocked back, creating a
gaping hole in the formation.

Gu Xiang snickered, “Interesting.”

She didn’t let this momentum go to waste, and with a wave of the arm, anarrow shot out from inside her sleeve.