Chapter 14. Escape

Zhou Zishu looked him over before replying unhurriedly, “I don’t see how you’re near death.”

He hadn’t finished when Wen Kexing, as if responding, cried out in pain with his back bent. One of the blades pierced through his body to the hilt; and his face went pale as he could only utter, “You…”

Zhou Zishu was initially shocked, but soon enough he rushed toward the opposite direction. In the corner was a fleeting shadow which caught Zhou Zishu’s eyes thanks to the incredibly narrow path. The shadow was unable to dodge his attack in time, and they coughed up blood which stained their whole mask. They staggered back a few steps, but still had it in them to get back on their feet and run.

There was an “Oh” from Zhou Zishu as he realized the pine cone last time didn’t stop them not because he didn’t put enough strength into it; but rather because this one was good at being a punching bag.

All of a sudden, a ghostly figure appeared from nowhere to grab at the person’s neck, propping them against the wall.

The man in black said in horror, “You…”

Wen Kexing tilted his head and smiled, his other arm raised. The blade, which was held under his arm pit, fell to the ground. His clothes didn’t suffer a single scratch.

Zhou Zishu spoke in a lethargic manner, “Did you really believe his hoax? This is the first time I’ve seen a killer this dumb.”

At that, Wen Kexing looked at him thoughtfully. “It’s not that he’s awful, your eyes are just way too sharp, my friend. If you aren’t injured, he might…”

He cut himself off right there and shook his head, strengthening his grip on the black-clothed man’s neck. There was a gurgling sound from his throat while his eyes shone with unspeakable fear. Wen Kexing felt his upper body with his other hand and hummed, “Gold-threaded armor… This is some good stuff, a shame that it’s wasted on you.”

The man forced out broken words with great difficulty, “Mas… ‘s… m…”

Wen Kexing’s lips curled, and with a “Crack!”, the man convulsed and went still.

Zhou Zishu watched his companion killing off this person without any interrogating, his eyes darkened a little. He took one step back and leaned onto the wall, arms crossed while thinking about something.

Wen Kexing removed the man’s mask to completely reveal his identity.  He looked around forty with a small physique and high, cruel cheekbones; on his right cheek was a big red birthmark. His eyes were small, his nose was big, and he had buck teeth.

Wen Kexing commented after examining, “Seeing how he looks, he deserves to die after all.”

Then he raised his head to smile at Zhou Zishu, “Do you agree, Brother Zhou?”

Zhou Zishu replied, “You’re so full of nonsense.”

Wen Kexing held up his arms in a gesture of appreciation, “I’m very incredibly honored that you thought of me so.”

Zhou Zishu laughed mockingly and went past him to look at the body. There were many burning questions inside him, such as: How did the famous Golden Armor, which disappeared from jianghu many years ago, end up in this person’s hand? Was this one the true Xue Fang the Hanged Ghost? How were those underwater creatures made? Were they human?