Regret

TW: mention of violence

"You deserve everything that's coming to you, he's not yours, and you need to know that" the girls formed a circle around me, some looking around anxiously, others were fixated on me. "Listen, I know he's not mine, don't do something you'll regret" my words came out tougher than I felt. "Trust me, I won't regret this"

I backed away from the blonde who seemed to be the leader of the group, but the girl behind me wrapped her arms around my arms and waist so that I couldn't move them. I struggled aimlessly as the blonde approached, closing my eyes tight to brace for what was about to happen. For a second nothing happened, so I opened my eyes and watched as if it were slow motion as a fist flew into my face, i tried to turn away. As soon as her fist connected with me I felt a searing pain, I cried out but no one was around to hear, all hope was lost.

I knew I had to fight back somehow so I lifted up my leg and kicked at her knee, she fell to the floor, releasing me. I took a moment to look around and see if anyone could help me, what did I expect?

The girl on the floor grabbed my left wrist and pulled me down next to her so quickly that I heard a pop and knew that my wrist had dislocated.

I was lying with my wrist close to my heart on the floor with my other hand protecting my head as they began to leave, the blonde one last, I looked up at her, which was a mistake, "who do you think you're looking at?!" She laughed hysterically, and then before I had time to think she swung her leg back and towards my head. I didn't think it was possible, but more pain spread throughout my body, as if tiny knives were stabbing repeatedly at my head, and then I felt nothing at all as I lost consciousness.

"But she's going to be okay right? I knew this was a mistake, I never should've taken her out." I opened my eyes to see Jimin sitting beside me, I was lying in a bed, from the looks of it I was in the hospital. Jimin wasn't looking at me, he was looking towards someone at the door, I was so fixated on the fact that he was here the voices around me were muffled.

And then his eyes met mine, and it looked as though he was going to cry, "you scared me" he whispered as he lowered his forehead down to touch mine. I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent, it reminded me of a happier time, but then I remembered everything that had happened between us, and it all made sense to me. "This is why you broke up with me?" I spoke softly, Jimin nodded, sighing.

I could feel a light throbbing in my left wrist, I looked down at it and it was in a cast. I inhaled and then tried to push myself up with my right hand, making me feel a bit dizzy and confused, I fell back, but Jimin caught me and lowered me slowly before my head hit the pillow. "Take it slow, there's no rush, I'm right here." He grabbed my right hand as I closed my eyes and asked, "so what's wrong with me then?"
"Apart from a dislocated wrist? You got a concussion and fainted, we're lucky it wasn't worse."
"What actually happened? I only remember being knocked unconscious by that girl."
"I still can't believe someone would do that" he looked away from me and I could see a deep fury in his eyes. "This woman found you on her morning run, apparently you had a pool of blood under your head, she thought you were-" he gulped, "dead."

I nodded slowly and realised the bandage on my head. "I'm still here, and I'm going to be for a long time yet, don't you worry" I yawned. "You should get some more sleep, I'll be here when you wake again."