Chapter 26: The Accident

AN: DON'T HATE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Wes POV

"You killed me!" I laugh as Lasercorn explodes me yet again on GTA 5. "Oh now I gotta-" I'm interrupted by my cell ringing. I press ignore but it rings again. "Hang on a second," I say. "Hello?" I say. "What? Oh God no... not her... I'll be there as soon as I can," I say. I curse. "Guys I need to go," I say standing. "Why?" Mari asks.

I was out of the room before I could answer.

There's been an accident.

I get in my car and speed off to my destination.

There was a drunk driver.

I need to get to the hospital.

He hit the driver's side.

I dial Josh. "Hello?" he says. "Eryn was in an accident. Get to the hospital now."

She's in critical condition.

"I'm on my way," he says.

I pull into the parking lot and get out of my car, and I sprint into the hospital. I skid to a stop at the desk. "What room is Eryn Ovenshire in?" I ask. "104," she said. I turn and run up the stairs. I don't want to wait for the elevator.

I arrive at room 104. There's no window, and a sign on the door that says 'No entry aloud'. I collapse on a chair.

A few minutes later the doctors walk out. A nurse approaches me. "Are you waiting to see her?" she asks, motioning to the room. I nod. She looks at me sadly. "I'm sorry. She's in a coma," she said, "The doctors don't think she's going to make it." My heart stopped. "She's a fighter. With all the injuries she sustained, she should be dead. I think she can do it. You can see her now," she says softly. I nod and walk in.

Eryn is laying on a bed with an IV in her arm and monitors are beeping.

She's so pale. She had so many bruises on her body. Her left arm and right leg are in a cast. All her cuts are bandaged.

She looks like death.

My eyes water. I fall to my knees. "I'm sorry Eryn... I'm so sorry..." I whisper.

I hear footsteps and then talking. "No!" a voice whimpers. Footsteps come towards me. I look up to see the guys standing in the room behind me. Josh goes to his sister's side. I stand slowly and follow. I sit on the opposite side of him. Kalel walks over and looks at her best friend with disbelieving eyes. Her eyes well up with tears.

We all take seats. Josh and I never move.

We all end up falling asleep. Josh and I are the last ones to fall asleep. But we're just so tired that we can't stay up any longer.

*****

I blink my eyes open.

But something's wrong.

The steady beep of Eryn's heart monitor is gone.

It's solid.

"NO!!!!!" I scream.

Eryn's flatlining. She's dying.

My scream wakes the others.

I run to her and press my ear to her chest.

"GET A DOCTOR. GET A NURSE, GO!!!!" I yell.

The whole crew runs out. Josh is the first one out.

I was a lifeguard before. I know CPR.

I press my lips to hers.

I hear her heart monitor stop.

"NO!!! NO NOT HER!!!! No, no no no please, God, no not her, not her, not her!" I wail.

I slam my hands onto her chest, trying to get her breathing again.

"Come on Eryn! Please, come back to us. You can do it baby, come back!" I say to her.

Doctors burst into the room.

"What happened?!" They ask.

"SHE FLATLINED!!! DON'T JUST STAND THERE, DO SOMETHING!! SAVE HER!!!" I yelled at them.

The room burst into chaos.

They pushed me aside. I backed into the group.

The monitor was still making that horrible noise. The noise that is her heart stopping.

The sound of my heart breaking.

Kalel is sobbing into Anthony's chest, and he's hugging her tightly whispering to her.

Flitz, Matt, Ian, and David are staring at the scene before them in shock.

Mari's hands cover her mouth as tears stream down her face. Not knowing what else to do I hug her. Peter was out of town. He couldn't be here for her.

Josh is pacing around and muttering to himself.

A nurse comes over to us. "You guys need to get out. We'll call you back in," she says.

We walk out.

No one speaks.

A painful hour passes by, and my girlfriend could be dead. The love of my life could be dead.

I stand from my chair.

I run my fingers through my hair.

"Please don't take her. Please, God, don't take her," I whispered.

--ThreeHoursLater--
The door opens. A nurse approaches us and the doctors and other nurses exit.

"She's okay. She flatlined. Just keep an eye on her," she said. We began to go back in. I started to go in when the nurse stopped me.

I looked at her quizzically, wanting to go see Eryn.

"Are you and her together?" She asks. I nod. "I can tell. You guys are in love. She'll wake up. She's a fighter. I've never seen anything like her before. She's been through so much in the last three months and she's still hanging on. She knows she's loved. What does she like to do?" She asks. I'm taken aback by what she says at first.

"Music. She loves music. She's always singing or humming. Well..." I look at Eryn with pained eyes, "Most of the time. I'll never get tired of hearing her voice."

"Try singing to her. Or humming. Play her favorite song. Talk to her. Try to get her to come back," she tells me. I nod.

I will do everything I can to get her back. I won't stop until she comes back.

And when she wakes up I'll never let her go.