Chapter 2: Wes's Assistant

Wes POV

            Interview after interview, person after person, rejection after rejection. Everyone who has come is here has failed miserably. It was like after all our good luck deserted us. Go figure. “No one here has that Smosh-y feel…” Mari murmured as she yawned. We’ve been here since 5 in the morning. I’m tired, too.

            “We almost done yet? I’m ready to collapse,” Joven grumbled. I looked at Ian and Anthony, who had the lists. “One more, thank God,” Anthony moaned. I sighed. “Who is it?” Flitz asked. Anthony answered, “I think it’s a girl. The name is Eryn. No last name.”

            No last name? Well this should be interesting. “Next, please!” I called.

            I heard a soft knock on the door, and a head poked around the corner. “Hi. I wasn’t sure if I should knock, or just barge in…” she trailed off.

            The girl was quite pretty. She had brown hair, and when the light caught it, it revealed gold, blonde, and red tints. Her eye, or the one we could see, is brown with gold flecks. Her nose is small, but it fits her face. Her high cheekbones are raised, due to the smile planted on her face, revealing pearly white teeth. But she’s pale. Really pale. I suppose it’s because she was nervous. Heck, I was too, when I first met the Smosh guys. They are internet sensations.

            “You’re fine. Come in. And guys, close your mouths before flies find their way in,” Mari said. I hadn’t realized it, but my mouth was wide open. Great impression on the possible employee, Wes, I thought.

            “You must be Eryn. Erm… are you okay?” Anthony asked. The girl cocked her head to the side slightly, making her long bangs shift slightly. “Yeah, fine, why?” she asked confused. “Well… you’re really pale…” I started. Her face lit up and she chuckled. “I’m always this pale. No worries,” she assured us, “And yes, my name is Eryn.”

            “Last name?” Sohinki asked. Eryn looked down, as if she were ashamed. “It can’t be worse than Sohinki.” Lasercorn said with his… lasercornyness. “Yeah, it can’t be worse than- wait, hey!” Sohinki cried. We all started to laugh, minus Sohinki. Even Eryn laughed. Her voice is like silk, and her laugh is melodious.

            “No, I mean I don’t have a last name. I don’t have a family.” We fell silent. “Oh, I’m sorry Eryn! We didn’t mean to hurt your feelings…” Flitz apologized quickly. She shook her head, smiling. “No worries. It’s fine. I’m used to it by now.” I think we could all tell the last part was a lie. But no one dared to say anything.

            “So… the interview?” Eryn asked. The nice way of saying ‘Get on with the interview already’. “Oh right,” I said, pulling my list. I immediately crossed out family. I already knew.

            The guys-and Mari- asked her a series of questions, like her favorite video game. Then I asked her my editing questions, which she all got right. She got a degree in gaming, so how could she not? I think Eryn’s perfect for the job.

We had one more question, though. It’s not important, but hey, if she is gonna be our new employee, we’re going to know eventually.

            What could go wrong with one little question?