Chapter 10: Family at Last

Eryn POV

It's been two and a half weeks since I started working here. It was always the same; go to Wes, get the assignment, drop it off at his desk, help whoever needs it. I'm not complaining or anything, I love working here. It's fun! How can this be a job?

I walked into work with a light gray long sleeve and long black leggings, my hair in a ponytail and my bangs pinned back. I was in my office editing when someone knocked on my door. "Come in, as long as it's not any more editing projects I have to do!" I called. "No projects. Just me and my question," Joven said, walking in. "Yo big bro." I greeted, turning my swivel chair to him.

"Hi. Okay um... sorry if this is somewhat offensive... You know how you said you never had a family?" he asks. I tense and nod. "Well... here..." he said, handing me a form.

It was an adoption sheet. I saw Joven's and his parent's signatures. I opened my mouth to speak, but instead, a squeak comes out. "If you sign, you're automatically and Ovenshire," he says. I grab a pen, and scribble down my signature, and check the yes box. I'm an Ovenshire now. Eryn Ovenshire.

I jump out of my seat, and throw my arms around Joven's neck. My brother. My eyes start to water. I handed him the forms, smiling. Joven grinned. "Our parents love you, and they haven't even met you yet," Joven looked at my door, "She said yes!"

People came crashing into my office, congratulating me and hugging me. "You finally have a family," Joven told me. I shook my head. "I had a family the second I walked in the door," I squeaked.

They'd accepted me when I had nothing to offer. They helped me when I needed it. Adopted or not, I have family.

****

I had Wes drive me home because it was pouring. I had no interest in getting soaked.

I just got out of the shower, and I'm dressed in a super long shirt and old sweat pants. I flopped on my bed, and watched some movies.

I yawned; I was tired. I turned off my TV and lie on my back.

Is Mari right? Are Wes and I really that close? Sighing in frustration, I rolled onto my side and stared out my window, watching the rain pound against the gloss, as I began to drift away.

Wes's face behind my eyes was the last thing I remember.

AN: Okay that's the last update for today. More tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Until then!!! :3