Chapter 7: Who Is This Girl?

Wes POV

           I heard a door open. Finally, she’s ready, I thought. Soft footsteps sounded across the wood floor. A girl stepped into the room, and we fell silent. She looked like Eryn… but she didn’t… And she’s so skinny! It looks like she hasn’t eaten in days. A feather dangles from her neck. She’s… beautiful. But you didn’t hear that from me.

            “Eryn?” My voice asks. Who is this girl?

            Her ankles twist around each other and her arms are crossed behind her back. “Yeah?”  Eryn’s voice. I relax a little. I look at her seemingly brown eyes, and see the gold in the right and silver in the left. Definitely Eryn. “You look different. It’s a nice different,” I smiled reassuringly at her. She gave a small smile.

            “Wow.” Mari says, looking at Eryn. “You look beautiful, Eryn!” Kalel cooed. Pip, Kalel’s and Anthony’s cat purred and rubbed against Eryn’s leg. Eryn smiled, and picked him up. “OOF. Big boy, aren’t you?” she mused, scratching behind the still-purring savannah’s ears. “Pip doesn’t usually let people pick him up…” Anthony mumbles. “Pip? Aw, how cute! How ya doin’, Pip-pip?” Eryn smiled. Buki, their other cat stared at Eryn, relaxed on Kalel’s lap.

            “Can we go? I’m starved,” Ian interrupted. Then Mari’s stomach growled loudly. “Um… I agree with Ian…” Mari blushed. All of us chuckled. Eryn put Pip down, and smiled. “One problem: there are ten of us, and two cars,” Sohinki said.

            “Three cars,” I corrected, “I can take a few of you guys.” They nodded. “I’ll ride with you, Wes. You’ve got a pretty good radio, anyway,” Eryn said. “I’ll come, too,” Joven said. He’s become quite protective over Eryn in the past few days. Like her big brother. “Heck, I’ll come, too. Why not?” Mari said. I nod. My car could handle four.

            After setting up the car pool, we jumped into our cars. Eryn sat in the back with Mari, and Joven sat in the passenger seat, me driving.

            Food time!