Chapter 18: Theme Park

“Well, it was really good,” Wes says, smiling gently. I smile back.

“Hey, Eryn, how do you feel about theme parks?” Wes asks out of the blue. I look down sadly. “Never been to one,” I answer. Wes looks happy. “Then you’re in for a treat!” he cheers. I sigh.

****

            Lasercorn, Kalel, Mari, Anthony, Sohinki and Joven came over to go to the park with us. We were deciding who would go with whom. We finally decided that Kalel, Anthony, Mari, and Sohinki would ride in Anthony and Kalel’s car, and Wes, Joven, Lasercorn, and I would ride in Wes’s.

            We climb into our cars. Wes, of course, drives, Joven’s in the front, and Lasercorn and I are in the back. Joven pulls out a camera. “Hey guys! We’re now in Wes’s car on the way to an amusement park. We have Lasercorn, Wes, ArchEryngel, and me,” Joven listed. “ArchEryngel?” Wes laughs. “Well yeah, Archangel and Eryn…” he grumbles. (ArchEryngel pronounced- Arc-air-in-gel)

            “I like it,” I muse. Lasercorn laughs evilly, “It sounds like urchin! It’s weird.” I roll my eyes. “And Lasercorn isn’t weird at all?” I challenged. “Ooh…” Wes and Joven ‘oohed’. I lean forward, swat Wes on the shoulder and I swat Joven on the back of the head. “Hey! How do I get a head swat and Wes gets a shoulder swat?” Joven complained.

            “One, Wes is driving and I’d prefer not to be in an accident, two, you’re my brother, and three, you’re my brother,” I mumble. This sends Lasercorn and Wes into fits of laughter. Joven shakes his head disapprovingly at the camera. “I can edit that out, you know,” I say in a sing-song voice. “I could have Wes edit instead,” Joven counters. “No, I’d edit that out, too,” Wes says. Joven sighs.

            My phone starts ringing. “Hey, who brought a phone to the party?” Lasercorn practically yells in my ear. I chuckle. Josh, Joven’s real name, points the camera at me as I answer. “Yello?” I say into the phone. “WE’RE HERE!” Anthony, Kalel, Sohinki and Mari scream into the phone.

             I almost drop the phone, and my attempt at catching the thing looks like a sad attempt a juggling. “Really? Really guys? You blew out my ear drum!” I squeak in surprise. I hear them laugh. Including Lasercorn, Joven and Wes. “We’re here. Look to your right!” Mari said with glee. I looked out the window. Roller coasters!

            Everyone starts laughing. “Um… I said that out loud, didn’t I?” I asked. “Uh-huh.” Wes replies. I sigh. “And it was caught on camera, wasn’t it?” Joven grinned evilly. “Joshua Ovenshire. Was. It. On. Camera?” I said. Wes and Lasercorn try to smother their laughs as I give Joven my death glare. I put my phone on speaker.

            “Dude, she used your full name. You’re done for. Nice knowing you, man,” Sohinki says. I smile evilly. “Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where I strung up Joven, for posting this video on the internet?” I start singing but Joven cuts me off in a panic.

 “Okay! Okay! I deleted it! Ugh, sisters!” I smile. “I will no longer hang you at midnight in the hanging tree,” I teased. Joven sighed in relief. “Hey, Eryn?” Anthony asked over the phone. “Yes, the-one-who-has-yet-to-tick-me-off-but-probably-will-pretty-soon?” I asked as innocently as possible.