Chapter 19: Roller Coasters

AN: This one's pretty short so I think I might update one more time.

Wes POV

            So we went to the next rollercoaster. It was the same pairs; me and Eryn, Mari and Lasercorn, Kalel and Anthony, and Sohinki and Joven. We climbed in the next one. I decide that I should tell Eryn what to expect this time. “Hey Eryn, this one goes a little faster and it’s higher. Thought I’d let you know…” I said, looking at her. She nodded, “Expect me gripping your arm again. I don’t do so well with height…”

            Her voice and face is back to normal.  Eryn’s back is no longer hunched over, and she smiles easier now. I have my Eryn back. Err… did I say my? I didn’t mean that… okay, maybe I did…

            You two would be cute together. Mari’s words rang through my head, as they have been since she said it. If I asked her, would she go out with me? I like her. Sure she’s pretty, but I like how she acts. Protective. Secure. Joking. Fun. Happy. Sarcastic. Eryn’s amusing to have around. She’s been alone for so long, and I want to be the person to change that.

            I decide I would try. If she found someone else… no, she deserves to be happy. I would just have to try to be the person that makes her happy.

            We get to the first drop. Eryn reaches over, and I take her hand. I feel kinda bad about dragging her onto one of the bigger ones before having her try all the smaller ones first. When the ride stopped, I looked at Eryn, to make sure she was okay.

            She’s smiling, and laughing. Eryn looks at me, with her gorgeous eyes. Kalel had convinced her to pin her bangs back today, and she put her hair in a ponytail. I smile back. We stand and step off the rollercoaster.

            I hear a throat clear, and I see Anthony nodding to my hand. Then I realize Eryn and I are still holding hands. I look at her, and she looks at me. We blush and drop each other’s hand. I stuff my hand in my pockets awkwardly, and Eryn pulls out her phone.

            Kalel and Anthony laugh behind us. I’m glad the rest of the guys didn’t see that… especially Joven. He’s way too overprotective of his little sister. And yes; I said little; Joven’s 28 and Eryn’s 26. I’m 26, by the way. I was the youngest on Smosh until Eryn came; she’s one month younger than me. So ha! No more teasing me because I’m the youngest.

            I get sidetracked easily. Whoops.

            “So… dinner next?” Anthony walks beside me. “Sure. It’s six anyway,” I reply. Anthony looks over to where Kalel and Eryn are talking, then back at me. “I know you like her.” I open my mouth to say something, but, I cough instead.

            Anthony gives my back a whack. Back. Whack. Rhyming humor. “Thanks… and is it really that obvious?” I ask with a sigh. Anthony laughs. “Well, yeah! Sort of… Kalel and I have, certainly. Mari noticed it before any of us. I think the guys are starting to notice. Joven’s starting to get skeptical. You know how he is about her,” Anthony told me. I sighed.

            “What am I supposed to do? Does Eryn know?” I asked. “Eryn is oblivious to the fact you like her. She likes you, too. Maybe you should ask her out,” he offers. I ran a hand through my hair and look at Kalel and Eryn. “Please tell me Kalel’s not giving Eryn the same speech…” I look at Anthony, who started whistling. “Dang it, Anthony…”