1

───

───

     SHE WAS EITHER HAVING VERY REALISTIC hallucinations, or actually stuck in another world, in which she wasn't even sure of which one yet.

     "l-lady himari, a-are you okay?"

     'NO!'

"y-yes...I'm very fine! I'm splendid!!", the red-haired woman replied, putting on a crooked smile that had scared the maid even more, as she had promptly let out a slight squeal.

"I-I'M SORRY LADY HIMARI!! I DIDN'T MEAN TO QUESTION YOU AND MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE!", the maid immediately apologized, kneeling on the ground as she shook like there was no tomorrow.

"NO NO!! STAND UP PLEASE! UM...I-I wasn't mad...just really...shell shocked...", himari breathed out, sitting on her bed that had a black canopy draped over it.

the maid hesitantly complied, though she had to keep her hands clenched together to stop the shivering.

"so...what's your name?"

"i-it's rumi, lady himari".

"ah...nice name! so...why do you keep calling me lady? am I rich?", the woman hopefully questioned, imagining all the scenarios of how she'd spend her money.

     "my lady, do you not recall anything? have you lost your memor—"

     "NO! I-I mean, of course not!", himari awkwardly chuckled.

     "I'm just...quizzing you! so let's get back to talking about my money", himari widely grinned, making the maid feel even more unease.

     "well...lady himari, you come from the nakajima family...and your father — nakajima hotaru — is one of the most wealthy daimyos in—"

"SO I AM RICH!", himari shouted, making rumi flinch as the red-haired woman immediately apologized for her loudness and interrupting.

"s-sorry, please continue..."

"lady himari, you're the only daughter of master hotaru, and so you've been spoiled since young. however, because of that, you..."

"I....? it's okay!! just rip it off like a bandaid!", himari assured, making rumi confused.

"rip it off...like a bandaid??"