62

───

───

     THE GROUP WAS ABLE TO ASCEND DOWN a flight of stairs that had led them to another room, where the tiles were more prominent this time, instead of being covered by a layer of dust.

"not another trial...", rumi quietly sighed.

     "hm? this one's easy, love", himari stated.

     "odd...prime numbers? what is that?!", itadori asked, to which even rumi was confused.

     himari raised a brow in confusion.

     "are y'all screwing with me right now or do you guys actually not know what that is?", himari asked.

itadori and rumi glanced at each other, as even tōji and sukuna were a bit perplexed.

himari then suddenly remembered that math was just a leisure activity across japan until 1674, when some big brain dude actually published a book of equations and such.

     "what about you two then?", himari asked, glancing over at getō and gojō.

     "we know what odd numbers are. prime numbers seem familiar, but I cannot remember it off the top of my head", getō replied.

     "okay, so prime numbers are numbers that can only be divided by itself and one. for example: one, two, three, five, seven, and etcetera", the auburn-haired woman explained.

     "but no worries. just step on the same tiles that I do", himari instructed, moving towards the first tile, as she skipped two and moved onto the third one.

     the woman was two-thirds of the way there with tōji right behind, then sukuna, then gojō, then getō, then rumi, and finally itadori.

though right before himari had reached the exit, rumi had accidentally slipped, causing her ankle to twist, as she landed on multiple tiles.

a gigantic rock had suddenly launched towards the girl, causing himari to scream.

"RUMI!!"

dust particles filled the room, as everyone coughed a bit, swatting away the suffocating air.

"SHE'S OKAY!!", itadori yelled back, as everyone could visibly see the pink-haired boy giving rumi a piggyback ride.

"oh my gege....thank the lords", himari sighed out, as they had all arrived at the end of the second trial.

"sorry about that...", rumi muttered, burying her embarrassed face in the crook of itadori's neck.