29

───

───

     HIMARI ALLOWED A SHORT PUFF OF AIR to escape her lungs as she perked up her right shoulder to messily wipe the sweat rolling down her cheek.

"himari-san, what are you doing still awake?", a voice suddenly asked, making the woman snap her head towards a tired getō.

"oh, just practicing, you?"

"I woke up to go get a drink, but then I noticed that you weren't in bed, so I was just making sure that you weren't kidnapped again", getō slightly smiled, making himari chuckle.

"well then I suppose your worries have been erased now", himari replied, continuously swinging her sword as getō could tell that the woman clearly held some pent up energy.

     "himari-san, I don't mean this in any offense, it's just simply out of curiosity, but why do you wield a sword, when you have many capable people around you to protect you?"

the woman then sighed out a deep breath of air, carefully leaning her sword against a nearby tree as she took a swig of water.

"because how can I prove that women are equally as strong when I've been the one holding us back this entire time?"

     getō was least to say quite impressed with how self-aware the woman was, considering she was very much like gojō: displaying a carefree attitude on the outside but bottling everything up on the inside.

"you're not—"

"I heavily relied on gojō in the cave and ryō when being kidnapped. if you guys didn't come in time, I might've already been at the zen'in household by now", himari weakly smiled, stretching her arms as she picked up her sword once more.

"so I need to train more to the point that I can at least protect myself and others when in danger", the woman determinedly stated, making getō inch closer to himari.

"then how about I teach you a new skill?", getō asked, making himari skeptical.

"does that include you poking and stabbing me with a stick while I try to fend you off??"

getō softly snorted as he shook his head.

"where'd you get that idea from?"

"your best friend", himari replied, rolling her eyes in the process.

"well unlike satoru, I like to think that I'm a slightly nicer instructor", getō smiled, taking the sword out of himari's hand as he gently placed it on the ground.