58

───

───

WITH A GIVEN KEY TO HER MOTHER'S ROOM, himari snuck out during nighttime, as she felt like this was a more private matter.

     hence why the woman was now tiptoeing into the locked room, with a golden key to match the golden chain wrapped around the still shining handles of the door.

     even the hinges were oiled, to which there was no creaking noise when opening the door.

     himari sighed out a breath of relief, as she then randomly placed the key on top of a nearby drawer.

     not to her surprise, nothing was out of the ordinary.

     there was simply a large bed with a closet full of elegant kimonos and a makeup desk accompanied by the same brand that himari had found in her own room.

     across the bed was a wall that hung a humongous painting of lady mayako — hotaru's beloved.

     it was indeed just like what rumi had once told himari; she was absolutely entrancing.

     her dainty smile was like the icing on top, as her pale complexion and outstanding red hair blazed like the wings of a fiery phoenix. amongst the blaring hot fire-like locks, was the deep, calm and cunning stare, much like an opheodrys vernalis's skin.

     though her thin fingers professionally strung a koto in the picture, himari had could tell from the nearly nonexistent creases that she was a woman that had previously held a sword, or at least some type of weapon that had caused the minuscule calluses to appear at the base of her palms.

     the painter not only did a splendid job capturing such intense details, but they also portrayed her character very well — even though the portrait was unmoving.

"she would've been able to rule the entire continent...if only she had lived long enough...", himari mumbled to herself.

it was just a gut feeling, but himari had truly felt that if her mother were still alive, she'd be a strong female ruler that'd unite japan as a whole, very much like oda nobunaga — who had tried his best.

the auburn-haired woman then leisurely moved around the room, examining every little thing in curiosity, as she found nothing peculiar, with the exception of a blue book that was conveniently hidden under a floorboard.

it was too hallow when himari had stepped on it, so the woman kneeled down and picked open the wooden floorboard, as there was a notebook scrolled up and shoved in there.