55

───

───

"WHY ARE YOU TWO HERE?! MAI...YOU'RE supposed to be at the zen'in househo—"

"DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT THE ZEN'IN HOUSEHOLD, WHEN THEY'RE THE REASON THAT I'M HERE!", mai interrupted, clenching her fists, as tears started pouring down her face.

     it was evident that she had been bottling up all her frustrations and hatred; biting her tongue as the disrespectful men touched her wherever they pleased.

     it was utter hell being trapped here.

     "what do you mea—"

"they abandoned us...simply because we were women", mai bitterly answered.

"and we were kidnapped and held hostage here for two years....two years without any of them caring about our disappearance...not even my own father", mai grumbled, gritting her teeth as she bit the bottom of her lip.

     himari could only slightly dip her head, as she couldn't relate to the two girls' experience.

     "then why don't you help me take revenge?", himari suddenly suggested.

     "what are you talking about?! I thought you were obsessed with my cousin!", mai disgustingly stated.

     himari clicked her tongue in annoyance, as she couldn't even blame the two for not being caught up with the current events.

     "nah sis, I ditched his misogynistic ass. well actually...it's more like he ditched me...but I don't like him no more. I want to step on him, so I'd appreciate your help", himari oddly explained.

mai and nishimiya's brows momentarily furrowed together as they wondered whether the woman in front of them was sane or not.

"I'm serious. the shogunate challenged me because he's a motherfucking misogynist too. so I'm currently trying to find the stones of the three precious children", himari further added on.

"you're crazy!! no one's ever been able to—"

"well I've currently found two, miss momo, so are you two in or not?", himari asked, grinning, as she showed them the stone embedded onto her holy sword.

     mai's eyes widened in surprise, as she debated whether himari was trustable or not.

     "I'll give you two a one week trial. you two can stick around for a while and tell me your decision afterwards.