41

───

───

MARENGO AND THE REST OF THE HORSES were left behind at the yamadaku village — near the new institution for women — as many had suggested for the group to travel on foot, since they will be overcoming a snowy mountain.

"apparently after the snowy mountain, is a field that's filled with flowers and lake biwa, the definition of spring, if you will".

"too bad our horses can't walk through the snow with us. we'll come back to pick them up later. thank you for keeping them here with you guys", himari stated.

one of the ladies smiled, dipping her head, as the rest had kneeled in appreciation.

     "h-hey!! stand up! what are you all—"

     "thank you for saving us from our miserable lives; for giving us another chance and purpose in life. we are forever indebted to you and your friends. we wish you the best of luck on your journey, and may you return with exceptional news!", the woman expressed.

himari awkwardly shrugged and smiled, as she let out a short laugh.

"n-no worries!! I didn't do much, but putting your best foot forward would be the best payoff I could receive, so please work hard, and so will I", himari smiled.

     everyone nodded, as the woman waved, leaving the yamadaku village, to which the group had started hiking up the mountain in warm clothing — in preparation for the snowy mountain.

     "ugh...I'm sweating like a pig", himari sighed, wiping her forehead, as she quickly twisted her ponytail into a bun.

     "why don't you just carry your wool coat then?", itadori asked.

     "because!! you know when you're walking and you just don't want to carry that extra weight on your arms, so you'd rather wear it instead?"

     "umm...no?"

     himari rolled her eyes, shaking her head, as she suddenly had an epiphany.

"wait, can you use the black flash?", himari asked, quickening her steps a bit to catch up to itadori.

"black...flash...?"

'oh. my. gege. does yūji even have powers in this universe?! but like...isn't he lowkey chōsō's bro? ugh, another hot demon I can't wait to meet', himari drooled, displaying a goofy grin.