65

───

───

THE DAY TO PRESENT THE STONES OF the three precious children had finally arrived, as himari also had sukuna make a copy of the moon stone.

the woman then placed the fake sword (sun stone), fake yumi (sea stone), and fake moon stone on a tray with a velvety red fabric covering it.

all daimyos and concubines — along with the official wife of the shogunate — were there to witness the miracle that himari had so confidently declared six months ago.

"the shogunate's waiting inside. he specifically stated that you shall enter alone", one of the eunuchs explained.

     himari raised a brow in suspicion, as she skimmed around, to which she had unexpectedly met the gaze of the newest concubine — lady yoshiteru.

     the woman hastily adverted her gaze in nervousness, as himari just sighed, stepping into the room, as two eunuchs had shut the door.

"greetings, lord yoshia—OH MY FUCK! WHY THE HELL IS THERE A DEAD BODY HERE?!"

immediately, the doors bursted open, with guards filing in, as they hastily detained himari, meanwhile naoya had grinned.

     "what in the world?!", one of the daimyos gasped in disbelief.

     "lady himari, you—"

     "lord shimazu, please do not assume so quickly", hotaru interrupted, to which all the daimyos had started whispering amongst themselves, meanwhile the concubines were all a sobbing mess now.

     himari bit the bottom of her lip, as she saw heavy amounts of blood just draining from the man's head, which was neatly sliced open horizontally.

     'too coincidental...perhaps not a coincident at all...'

    "it seems that lady himari has committed treason and should be put under heavy inspection, as she's the first one to see lord yoshiaki's death", lord miyoshi claimed.

     "ridiculous! himari would never do such thing!", hotaru defended.

     "lord nakajima, with all due respect, your daughter seems the most suspicious at the moment. and this isn't just anyone's death we're speaking of, it's our shogunate", naoya chimed in, causing himari to curse the man out in her head.

"then what does naoya-san suggest?", hotaru questioned, clearly not pleased.

"I suggest that we lock lady himari up, as she's guilty — as of currently — of course. and if we cannot find any evidence to prove her innocence, then we send her on her way in honor of our lord".