10

───

───

     HIMARI LIFTED UP HER SLEEVE AS SHE covered the lower half of her face, feigning distress, as her viridescent eyes slightly drooped.

"is something the matter, lady himari?"

"oh dear...it is quite embarrassing, however, I must get it off my chest! on my way back, my family's samurais were massacred right in front of my eyes. it was truly terrifying...even my maid was scared witless", himari pouted, making many around them gasp.

     "who dares harm the daughter of my most loyal daimyo?"

     "right? some people just don't know when to cease to exist", himari sighed, making naoya clench his fists.

     "but I don't blame them. after all, they must have not been in the right state of mind. anyways, I was hoping you'd allow me to create my own little group of guards...since it's quite unsafe these days", himari softly requested.

"of course! safety is one of the top priorities! pick anyone you'd like", ashikaga hastily stated, making himari smile.

"thank you for your benevolence, lord yoshiaki!"

once ashikaga had dismissed everyone, hotaru immediately praised his daughter on her baffling performance.

     "himari, you've truly exceeded my expectations with that one", hotaru smiled, making his face slightly more wrinkly.

     "thanks dad, but—"

     "oho? well if it isn't himari-san...it's been a while hasn't it? how was your time spent repenting your wrongdoings?", a voice interrupted, making himari sigh.

     "what a beautiful night this is...pity it's being ruined by some pest~"

     "himari, that is no way to speak to naoya", hotaru reprimanded, though himari could care less.

     "pleasant seeing you, hotaru-san. would you mind if I spoke to your daughter for a moment?", the male with blonde hair and green tips had requested.

     hotaru hesitantly allowed it, as himari gave him a thumbs up, proving that she'll be fine.

     "okay, what do you want?", himari sighed, making rumi cautiously tug on the woman's sleeve, as she worried that things might get ugly.

     naoya's eyes widened ever so slightly, surprised at the sudden change of tone that was projected at him.

     he couldn't believe how much himari had changed in these five months that she's been away, as she used to always cling onto him or chat with him whenever given the chance.