TWENTY

When I walk in with Nat, a man in blue with stars of red and white immediately takes a defensive stance. I see Thor, Stark, and the green montser already in the room.

“She’s with us now, Steve.” Nat says with a wave of her hand. That seems to be good enough for all of them. I see Loki laying on the ground looking very beat up. His chest barely rises and falls. I rush over to him.

“Loki!” He might have been manipulating me but he is still my brother.

“With us, huh?” Steve says snarkily.

“Watch your tone, Captain. She is my sister just as Loki my brother,” Thor snaps at Steve.

“So do we have a plan to restrain Loki?” Stark asks. No one says a word. I don’t move. I carefully rest a hand on Loki’s chest.

“She stopped Fury from moving in New Mexico. Why not stop Loki from moving in the same way,” a familiar voice says. I turn my head away from Loki and see Barton in the room. He doesn’t look at me. No one does. They talk logistics before Nat turns to me.

“Will you do that?” Nat asks me. I give her a small nod. I take a few steps away from Loki.

“Let’s wake the god up then,” Stark says with a laugh. The green monster roars in Loki’s face. Loki sits up quickly and gasps for air. I send my power to gently hold him. He grunts and struggles against my hold. I tighten it ever so slightly so that he knows he won’t escape. He looks around before his eyes land on me.

“What have you done? You have doomed us both! They will come for us! He promised!” I forgot about The Other’s promise that I would join him or die. Oh, how could I forget? I truly have doomed us both. I feel myself pale.

“I forgot his promise,” I whisper. “I am so sorry, Loki.” The others look around confused. I deserve what will come to me. Loki does not. Loki did everything in his power to help me. “Run,” I tell him. I release my hold on him. Everyone around me panics. Loki gets up quickly and starts to run but the green monster grabs him. Thor grabs me harshly by my shoulders.
He shakes me roughly.

“I thought you said you would restrain him! Is that your idea of restraining him! I thought you saw the error in you ways!” He yells at me. I stare blankly at him.

“Why don’t we let her explain,” Nat starts.

“She had her chance to do the right thing. Instead she tried to help Loki!” Stark argues with Nat.

“You heard what Loki said. There is something we don’t know!”

“She brought war to this planet. Thor restrain her.” Stark barks out. I’m exhausted so I don’t fight as Thor grips my arms tightly.

“Don’t fight, sister. You will only make it worse,” Thor whispers in my ear.

“Someone is coming for them! Do you not want to know who? We already figured out that Loki manipulated her into helping him. What if someone was manipulating them both?” Nat is getting quite close to the truth. I know it and so does Loki.

“Don’t tell them anything, darling! It is n-” Stark points an arm at Loki. It looks charged and ready to fire. Loki shuts up immediatley.

Loki is right. I shouldn’t tell them anything. I don’t think I can trust them.

“Am I right, Megin?” Nat asks me. I look everywhere but at the faces of those in the room. The windows are broken. The floors are covered in broken glass. The place Loki lay was indented into the ground as if he had been thrown down. “Megin, you can trust us. What was Loki talking about?” I do not answer.

“If she doesn’t cooperate, she is an enemy of the world. Lock her up with Loki.” Stark says cruelly.

“Is that reallly necessary?” Nat asks him. I look to Barton. He was sort of my friend. He says nothing. I knew I shouldn’t trust these people.