THREE

Megin's POV

Our truck speeds away from the man. After what seems like forever, we pull over and Loki and I get in the backseat of the truck. Loki seems happy. He got the Tesseract. He got his soldiers.

Now its my turn. He promised to get me a people who would love me, millions and millions of people. My stomach growls. I haven't eaten since we left Asgard.

I hate Asgard. Father doesn't really like me. He kinda trys to hide it, but I can tell. My mother cares for me more but, something is off. She once muttered she worries I will turn out like 'her'. I don't know who 'she' is but I quickly ran over to Mother and assured her that I would never be like 'her'. She acted confused. She said I was hearing thing.

I know what I heard.She was lying.

Lying is bad.

"Looooooki, are we almost there? I'm hungry." I really am.

Loki looks annoyed that I interrupted his conversation with the men in the truck. The man who carried me earlier responds.

"We will arrive at our destination shortly."

"Where are we going?"

"An underground lab." The unknown man driving says.

I know no one except Loki in this car. I really need to change this. Afterall, these people are going to help us.

"What are your guys' names? I mean, I know Loki. He's my brother. I have another brother, did you know that? He came to this planet once. Father got mad at him and sent him here. He deserved it. He attacked the Frost Giants. That wasn't nice even if they did break the rules first..."

"You're rambling. Stop," Loki intterups harshly.

"Sorry, Loki".

We sit in an uncomfortable silence for awhile. Finally, The man in the passenger seat answers me.

"I have met Thor. I am Dr. Erik Selvig. Our driver is Clint Barton" The man tells me.

"That's enough chit chat," Loki says. "Tell me more your plan for the portal, doctor."

The doctor starts describing the device he will need to build. Its a boring conversation. I just want food. Why is that so hard to understand? My stomach growls again.

This is going to be a long car ride. Although Clint did say we would arrive shortly. What does shortly mean? I want to ask but Loki will be unhappy. I don't want that.

With a sigh, I lean against the window and close my eyes.