TWO

A light flashes. Everyone in the room is temporarily blinded.

When they return their gazes to the portal, a man is kneeling. He has long dark hair and a golden horned helmet. He wears a combination of dark green and black leather and gold. He raises his head, a scepter in his hands. He gives a mischievous smile. He stands up and his smile dies ever so slightly as he sees the gathering of people. The director was the first to respond.

"Sir, please put down the spear!"

The mysterious man ignores the director. He turns his head slightly and calls out to someone.

"Darling, come along."

A young girl walked out of the portal. She had long blonde hair and grey eyes. She wears an outfit very similar to the man's. However hers is pink and light grey and silver. She wears no helmet.

"I will only repeat myself once," the director begins. "Put down the-"

The man points it at where the director and Barton are standing and shoots out a blue exploding light towards them. Barton tackles the director and they both barely miss the man's fired shot. The men with weapons begin to fire at the new man. But, the young girl puts up a shield. The bullets bounce harmlessly to the ground. The man then takes down many people with his scepter, the shield still protecting him.

Barton tries to stand up to stop him. The man walks towards him. Barton raises his gun, but the man grabs Barton's hand.

"You have heart," the man says. He points the head of his spear at Barton's head. Barton's eyes suddenly glow black. The man continues to put his scepter to people's heads. Their eyes turn black each time. The young girl watches the man while maintaining the shield.

With everyone distracted, the director takes the Tesseract, placing it back into its case and tries to leave the lab. Suddenly he stops moving.

"Loki, he's trying to leave," the young girl tells the mysterious man. The man, Loki, stops what he is doing and turns to the girl.

"Good job, darling. Do not allow him to leave." He turns to the director. "I still need that."

"This doesn't have to get any messier," the director strains to say.

"Of course it does. I've" he pauses, "we've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose."

"Loki? Brother of Thor?" The doctor questioned.

"We have no quarrel with your people" the director says. He starts to move his hand but the young girl clenches her fist and the director is no longer able to move in the slightest.

Loki nods at the girl. "An ant has no quarrel with a boot," he responds with a smirk.

"Are you planning to step on us?"

"I," again he pauses, "we come with glad tidings, of a world made free. A world who will learn to love us." The young girl smiles at the last bit.

"Free from what?" The director asks before adding, "they will not love evil."

"I'm not evil!" The girl says angrily. Both her fists tighten. The director starts to have trouble breathing.

"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart..." Loki turns towards the doctor. He backs away slowly. In one quick motion, Loki puts the scepter to his heart. The doctor's eyes glow black. "You will know peace and love." The young girl releases her hold slightly.

"Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing," the director says.

"No! No! No!" The young girl yells.