Need To Protect

VAL'S P.O.V

I hated myself so much that I just held Rylee close that night not letting her go at all even during her transformation that even though she didn't let it show I could tell I was causing her pain.

"You awake," Rylee asked as I began rubbing my eyes sitting up.

"You okay," I asked kissing her forehead as she sat up.

"I'm fine just a little sore I guess," Rylee said and I looked down at the bed.

I was about to apologize for the pain I caused her last night but I was stopped when she slowly and gently put her lips to mine I kissed back and let a tear fall down my cheek.

"You will not be able to hurt me or do anything to make me stop loving you ever," Rylee said with a smile as he placed her forehead against mine.

"Fine," I said looking at her green eyes.

"How does your new alpha body feel," Rylee asked and I let her change the subject.

"Feels a lot stronger even without transforming I feel like I can do anything without needing the wolf but then again I also feel the need to how do I put it, build up my ranks get more wolfs like you and I don't mean that is in followers I mean it as in family those to protect," I said.

"You feel the need to protect me," Rylee said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Good because ever since then I feel the same way about you like if anything ever happened I would give my life before letting you get hurt," Rylee said.

"Well there is one thing that you haven't done since you got your wolf back," I said with a smile.

"What," Rylee said tilting her head to the side.

"Transformed obviously," I said and Rylee broke into a smile.

Rylee hopped off the bed and began stripping to shift as she took off her clothes she noticed I was watching intently She smiled and then when she was done she gave me a mischievous wink. She then shifted and ran in a few circles before looking at me I smiled at that and even though she was a wolf I could still see the faintest shape of a smile on her face.

"How do I look," Rylee said after sifting back.

"Stunning as always," I said and Rylee blushed.

She then crawled back under the covers and rested her head on my chest she wrapped her arms around my waist and held on tight as I put one hand on her head and the other on her back pulling her in.

"Think we should let Ethan know," I said.

"Shit that's right we haven't told him," Rylee said with a laugh her head jerking up.

We both got dressed and headed off for Ethan's house and it wasn't until we were just entering the porch that a wolf Ethan juped out teeth bared and ready to attack. He soon stopped in his tracks the second he saw it was me and Rylee we smiled at him and Rylee laughed Jessica then appeared in the doorway.

"I told you it was them," She said with a smile on her face nodding at me which I returned.

"So you are the odd feeling I've been getting," Ethan said as he pulled on a shirt as he came out from the house.

"From Delta to Alpha I am impressed," Jessica said.

"You ain't seen nothing yet," I said flashing my red eyes at them.

"Woha that's new," Ethan said.

"She also turned me it to a werewolf I am the first official member of her pack," Rylee said.

"Her pack," Ethan said.

"I am an alpha Ethan I will still hold the rank of Delta in your pack if you want but I will be the alpha of my own pack," I said.

"Fair enough," Ethan said.

"But I have been away for tow days anything I should know as your Delta," I said.

"Well at my request Issac and Shara are doing some recon on your old pack I tried to hand that druid back over to his people but they refuse to take him back without his powers and since I am not letting him anywhere near that damn book he'll be sticking around but without that book, he is human and therefore no threat to us and Audrey is looking for you and with her, I prefer not to know why," Ethan said.

"Guess I'll be stopping be Audreys been a while since I have talked to her," I said.

"Same here," Rylee said and we walked off hand in hand to her house.

We walked up to her house and I knocked on the door we waited for a bit that then the door opened and Audrey peeked in from the other side of the door.

"Hi Ethan said you were looking for me," I said.

"Yeah come on in," Audrey said and we walked in.

When I saw that she was wearing a dressing gown I took a good long look at her and noticed the bags under her eyes and the off-world look on her face she was hunched and weak.

"Audrey are you okay, you look tired have you slept you should rest," I said.

"No, this can't wait," Audrey said as she took a seat on her table and the two of us did the same.

"So what's up," I said.

"Before I tell you you must know a few things first I don't want to destroy what you and Rylee have that would be unforgivable second I would like you both to try and keep an open mind when I tell you can you do that" Audrey said.

All I could do was a nod not knowing what she ment.

"Well Rylee knows about this but I doubt you do so the first thing you show know is that it is rare but on occasion, it is possible for two of our kind to imprint on the same person and that is what has happened here both me and Rylee have imprinted on you Val," Audrey said.

I was shocked I didn't think it was possible for someone to have tow imprints I looked at Rylee for conformation and she gave a look to say that in her eyes this was legit.

"Okay so now what," I said.

"Well you know what it is like to be away from your imprint but I don't want to do anything to ruin what the tow of you have but I can't stop it anymore," Audrey said as she began to cry.

I pulled Rylee in and whispered in her ear.

"You really think that will work," Rylee said.

"No idea but it is worth a shot and we will have to ask Ethan first," I said and Rylee nodded.