Chapter 18

3rd pov

Somewhere in Aoba Johsai's gymnasium

"Kageyama has become more amazing, huh." Iwaizumi, the ace, said to the Tras-I meant Captain of Aoba Johsai. Oikawa twirls the ball in his hands, throwing it to the air before letting it fall back to his palm. 

"Yeah. That genius was spinning his wheels," The brunette said without sparring a glance at Iwaizumi. "but finally found his best destination. No commoner could hold a candle to him now." "Yeah?" Iwaizumi looked to the setter. "You're no match for him either, huh?" Oikawa looks at the ball in his hand, letting the ball rest on his palm.

"When it comes to toss. There's probably no one in the prefecture who could match Tobio's toss. But he's not better than me at blocking, serving or spiking." Oikawa is now spinning the ball in his hand with his finger, staring at it.

"OUCH!" A ball was threw with force, slams against at the of the brunette's head. Oikawa looked behind him at Iwaizumi with a bit of tears in the setter's eyes. "Damn it, Shittkawa! Don't say his toss are better than yours! You're a setter aren't you?!"

The ball in Oikawa's fall off and bounced to the court. "But I'm only being honest!" Oikawa stated. "That's why we have to break their receivers. Because no matter how amazing his tosses are, if the ball doesn't get to the setter, it's all for nothing. If we can play against Karasuno in a official tournament,--"

The aura around the brunette turned into excitement as he pumped up both of his fists. "--we can make a mess out of their receives, and not even give them a chance at a toss. Just having one good player doesn't mean your team will win. How I want to say "don't mind" to them! How I want it!!!"

Iwaizumi deadpans and exhale through his nose. "..."

"Eh? What? Geniuses get irked by stuff like that." Oikawa said as he turns fully to Iwaizumi. "I get more irked by guys who get cheered on by girls!" The ace said before throwing the volleyball he had in hand.

"You shouldn't be jealous Iwa-chan! It's embarrassing! OUCH-!" Iwaizumi didn't reply, he jsut simply threw another volleyball at the captain.

Oikawa was finally free from Iwaizumi throwing volleyballs (for now), the ace of Aoba Johsai exhaled knowing he's the one who had to bring this up. 

"Did (F/N) tell you that he was going to Karasuno?"

Oikawa looked at the spiky haired male, "Ehh nope. He didn't tell me even on the last day of school." Oikawa hmped . "He's with Tobio-chan." Iwaizumi looked irritated at his (forced) childhood friend. "Oi! This is not the right time to be jealous of a first-year. Also why were you outside longer than I thought?"

Iwaizumi said as he threw the volleyball into the basket. Oikawa stiffened before answering. "Ikissed(N/n)-chanandnowheowesmeadate!" The brunette said that in a hurry making Iwaizumi raise an eyebrow.

"You what?"

"I kissed (N/n)-chan...?" (insert you sneezing while looking around, confused) Oikawa said, more like a whisper. Iwaizumi aura's darkened more than usual. "What?!" This made Oikawa shivered, visibly.

And now, the volleyball throw begins~

"WHAT DID YOU DO, SHITTYKAWA?!" (Iwaizumi)

"I'M SORRY IWA-CHAN! AAAAH, NOT THE FACE!!!!!" (Oikawa)

"Hey, quit fooling around. Coach will get mad." (Hanamaki)

Back to Karasuno~

"All right, let's clean up quickly. Then we're done. Good job, today!" Daichi said when all of you arrived at the gym. "Good job!" Everyone in the gym chorused. "Shou-kun! Please don't fall asleep now!" You called out to the sleepy first year who was still holding the mop.