Chapter 10

3rd pov

"--Now, concerning the positions for the practice match... I think we'll go with this."

Daichi showed everyone the position that they will be playing for the practice match. From left to right was Tanaka, Hinata and Daichi. On the second row, it was Kageyama, Tsukishima and Ennoshita.

You frowned a bit. 'Tch, I know I'm just an all-rounder but still...'

Since you were sitting near Kiyoko, you tapped her shoulder. "What's wrong, (M/n)-kun?" Kiyoko said while tilting her head towards you. You put your shoulder on her. She just smiled softly and started to pat your head. Cue to Tanaka glaring at you.

Daichi just stared at you, who looked glum. "I know you're upset about the positions, (M/n). But we'll need you later on." "Tch, I'm not upset about the positions..." 

"Tsundere much." Tsukishima snickered from afar. You glared at the blonde, "Shut up, Four-eyes. No offence, Kiyo-chan..." "It's fine."

"I want to use Kageyama and Hinata as a set," Hinata and Kageyama glanced at each other doubtfully. "and Tsukishima is one of our few tall players. I want to how you'll fight against Seijo." Tsukishima answered with a boring, "Yes." "At least be more happy you get to play first, Kei!" You said while enjoying Kiyoko's head pats.

You noticed Yamaguchi was the only first year who was out of the loop. "Don't mind, Tada-chan~" You said while waving both of your hands side to side.

"You're using Hinata in a position where height matters?" Tanaka pointed to Daichi,  confused.    "(F/N)-san is our tallest player! Why not use him instead?"

"Middle blocker?" Hinata asked. "I'm in the same position as the lanky jerk Tsukishima?!"

"Oh, j-just a second. Can I read up on the positions?" Takeda questioned, reading out the positions. "Setter: The control tower that tosses for spikes, and organizes the offense. Wing spiker: An all-round, well-balanced player who attacks the core of the opponents. 

Middle Blocker: He defends against the opponents offense, and scores points, mainly using 'quicks. Furthermore, he plays the decoy to draw the opponent's blockers away. Would you say these are right?" Takeda asked while putting his Volleyball guide book down, asking Daichi.

Daichi gave a polite smile and answered, "They are other exclusively defensive positions, too, but for now those are all."

"Listen, Hinata..." The blueberry first year, Kageyama asked Hinata, who stared up at him. "You're the ultimate DECOY!"

'D-Decoy? I thought the name would be a more cooler.' You lifted your head from Kiyoko, to rest your chin on your left hand. Hinata on the other hand seemed interested in the name until he slowly deflated. "The ultimate decoy..." once he replayed it in his head. "Strongest decoy, strongest decoy, strongest decoy..."

"There's uninspiring about that," Hinata said as he slumped forward.

Kageyama pointed his index finger towards Hinata, "We'll let you score lots of points using 'quicks' and direct the opponents blocker's attention to you. That's when the other spikers will come into play."

"OH!"

"Big guys like Tsukishima and (M/n)-senpai will fall like idiots to your movement. That'll feel good won't it?" Kageyama smirked devilishly, eyeing into motivate Hinata. You and Tsukishima turned to Kageyama with a glare. "UUOH!" Hinata's eyes sparkled with motivation. 

"I like it. I like it a lot." The ginger haired male said while bumping his fist through the air.

Yamaguchi pointed his index finger towards the younger setter. "Oi! Are you calling Tsukki and (N/n)-chan idiots?!"

"Shut up, Yamaguchi." Tsukishima spat out.

"Gomen, Tsukki."

"Don't mind, don't mind Tada-chan~" You said while doing your signature hands from side to side.

"On the other hand, if your not effective know that the other attacks will all fail."Kageyama finished his sentence as he stared down at Hinata's shaking form. "Don't mind, don't mind, Shou-chan~" You got nearer to Kageyama and hit the back of his head. "YOU DUMBASS! LOOK AT SUNSHINE-CHAN! YOU SCARED HIM!!!"

"Hey...Don't put too much pressure on him!" Daichi sweatdropped.

"All fail...all fail...all fail..." Hinata said to himself with a blank face, Daichi pointed at Hinata with an exasperated look. "You see?!"

Tanaka crossed his arms together, "What about blocking, though? Even if he can jump high, the taller players will reach the highest point of the their jump faster."

Kageyama blinked at Tanaka, "Yes, the reason we want Hinata to be the focus of blockers isn't to smack down the opponent's spikes, but to touch them. With Hinata's crazy reflexes and speed, he can touch the opponent's spikes, and slow down their momentum. We'll set the pace to our advantage, and make our counterattack."

Tanaka sweatdropped, "It's not going to go that smoothly right off the bat."

"It probably won't," Daichi piped in, offering a gentle smile. "Right off the bat, anyway."

"But we should try it. Maybe we'll learn something as we go along. It's a practice match, after all." Daichi said while giving an eye closed smile.

"Ossu." said Tanaka blankly, unblinking.

"Anyway for in-air battles, we only got Tsukishima and (M/n)-san who can match Hinata's jumps. So, Hinata, have confidence, and..." He go cut off by Hinata suddenly jolted terrified, "Yes! I'LL DO MY BEST! I'LL SCORE A LOT OF POINTS! I'LL BE A DECOY!"

"I'll serve. Block. Quick. Everything!" Hinata began to malfunction, falling. You swooped in to catch Hinata so that he doesn't die before you do.Daichi rushed to Hinata, putting his hands on the shorter one's shoulders. "Hey, hey, calm down!"

You put one of hands on his forehead. Hinata began to burn which burn your fingertips slightly. 'My little fingies...'

"UWAAH!!!" Tanaka screeched might have hurt your eardrums. "HE BLEW A FUSE! HINATA BLEW A FUSE!" Daichi screamed out.