Part one.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒:

⇨ 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚡
⇨ 𝚅𝚞𝚕𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢, 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚌 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 and 𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤. 𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤.

𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑶𝒏𝒆.

I stood in the warm vanilla scented bathroom and ran the brush through my long thick black hair. I finally graduated from high school and now I was starting a new life. Today was my first day working as an office assistant at a local law firm.

The smell of eggs and bacon filled the air throughout the apartment where me and my big sister Riley stayed. Our parents passed away my junior year of high school in a car accident, which was a sudden tragedy to our family.

Riley agreed to let me move in with her as long as I continued with school and finished with excellent grades. I did just that but now that I'm finished, I'm unsure of what my future holds.

"Lauren breakfast is ready!" Riley called out from the kitchen.

Laying my edges down and adjusting my top I waltzed down the hallway that lead me right into the small kitchen.

"I feel special." I said before biting into a piece of crispy bacon.

I indulged in the hot meal and drank a glass of orange juice. Finally finished I washed my dirty dishes and grabbed my purse.

"So how do I look?" I asked turning around showing Riley my outfit for my first day of work.

"Give them old white men a run for they money." She replied snapping her fingers.

We laughed and gave one another a hug before I disappeared out into the hallway of our apartment.

My heels clicked as I made my way down the street going towards a nearby Starbucks to grab myself a hot cup of tea.

"Order for Lauren." One of the baristas called out.

Reaching out for my cup of tea I said thank you and continued to work. My new job was approximately seven minutes away from home, walking distance which made me really excited about it.

I approached a tall glass building and showed my badge to the security guard that stood at the door, letting me in I walked in and immediately felt a since of motivation.

Looking around I noticed a few women carrying designer bags along with pointed toe red bottoms and wavy beach curls.

While I also spotted a number of men in Armani suits and Jaegar-LeCoultre watches chatting away with each other.

Clicking my heels towards the elevator I was met with a guy who didn't look like he belonged here at all.

His style was more street than sophisticated, he had perfectly plated hair along with numerous tattoos that covered his caramel skin tone. I could sniff out his Gucci cologne anywhere, he was quite handsome but far from my type.

Pressing the thirteenth floor the elevator ride with this mysterious guy was quite silent besides the constant clicks on his phone from him texting.