Seven lives

Time...

It was quite strange how her fears had changed since she became a vampire, she still remembered being afraid of not having time and how she felt relieved when she was turned.

Not having time to do what she wanted, to have what she wanted, to achieve what she wanted and to become who she wanted to be and here she was, almost six hundred years later still not being who she wished to be.

But why?

She was 546 years old, the life expectancy in Bulgaria for females was around 78 years old, which meant that she could have lived at least 7 lives, that is, if she hadn't died younger.

Seven whole lives, where you are born, grow up, turn into a walking mummy and die.

She could have studied 7 different courses, learned at least 7 different languages, read around 40.000 books, travel to at least 7 different countries, meet at least 560.000 people and loved at least 7 people.

She could have had 7 dogs, or maybe cats, and perhaps 7 children as well, she could have been a pirate, a doctor, an engineering, a lawyer, a cop, a scientist, or hell, a princess as well.

She could have played the piano, the guitar, the  accordion, the clarinet, the flute, the drum or the trombone perhaps.

Now, looking back on the years, she could see the importance of every minute.

It had been over 286.977.600 minutes and she was still the same.

My Lord...

Was it normal for vampires to automatically assume that they shouldn't be afraid of the time just because they were supposedly immortal?

How could she have been so blind? Was it really necessary to put her in an asylum for years for her to notice how precious time really was?

The sun seemed brighter today, was it always like this, or maybe we don't notice how beautiful nature really is?

A smile tugged on her lip as she kept laying on the grass, her eyes barely open as she tried to gaze at the sun.

Maybe this time, she could truly be who she wanted, maybe this time, she didn't have to be the strong twin that would sacrifice everything to make sure that the Petrova bloodline continues alive, maybe this time, she could be only Kisa.

A dreamer! A dreamer vampire... but meanwhile, she had a werecoyote to train.

"Ugh! I can't do this, Kit!" Malia groaned loudly, still not being able to listen to her heart, a task that Kisa had chosen for the day.

"Well, sucks for you then, I'm rather comfortable here" The vampire snorted while closing her eyes, feeling the light breeze on her hair while Malia growled loudly from her side.

"Help me!" The werecoyote whined while shaking the brunette, interrupting her rare moment of peace as Kisa dramatically sat up.

"Miracles are far beyond my powers, beasty" Kisa mumbled with a pointed look, fighting back a smile when Malia glared with her shiny blue orbs at her.

The vampire had decided to sit back on the operation Nogitsune, it wouldn't be smart of them to enter this fight for many reasons.

First of all: Kisa was, by no means, a pack member.

She would never follow orders of a teenage boy just because his eyes were a brighter red than hers, much less a werewolf.

Second of all: Kisa wasn't keen on saving people, while she may have been very different than her sister, this was something the duo shared.

Kisa was a loyal follower of Darwinism, organisms that are more adapted to their environment are more likely to survive and pass on the genes that aided their success, she was one of those organisms and she didn't intend on weakening herself by not eating humans.

You don't tell a lion to hunt down a mouse, do you?

Third of all: Malia wasn't ready.

While she wouldn't admit it to herself, this step may have been the one that weighed more in her balance.

The werecoyote had been in her animal form for too many years, she didn't know how to turn back or how to access her abilities in her human form, which meant that she was unprotected.

The Petrova wouldn't put Malia in a position like that, but she knew that if the werecoyote were to find out the reason for them to not engage combat, she would be pissed and at this moment, she wasn't just ready to deal with an angry teen girl, so she decided to be dramatic.

"Sometimes you have to wait for the right time, darling"

She was proud to say that Malia found her quote quite inspirational and decided to not discuss with the vampire, talk about light manipulation.

What Kisa really wanted to say was "Sometimes you have to be ready for the battle, darling, right now you would only put us both in danger" but she wasn't that cold to actually tell her that.

So here they were 227 minutes later, trying to learn the incredible technique that was the enhanced hearing, there was a problem though.

In her seven lives, Kisa could have been a pirate, a doctor, an engineering, a lawyer, a cop, a scientist, or a princess, remember?

I never said she could have been a teacher...

"The fuck, beasty! It's hearing time, not claws! Get off me, you Pitbull!"