In the kitchen, Xu Ran and Liu Tong went. Then Xu Ran poured out the entire contents of the jar of medicine "No more, no more. Tongtong, I'm no longer taking medicine..."

Liu Tong didn't stop Xu Ran, but he did strengthen his grip on his side. Because of years of hard work, Liu Tong's hands were covered in callus, causing Xu Ran's fragile hand to ache. Xu Ran was uneasy about Liu Tong's hold, but he didn't break it. 

"Tongtong, I'm not getting medication... no more medicine..." he said as he held out his hands and embraced Liu Tong.

Liu Tong had been wounded while hunting in order to scrape together enough money to buy medicine for Xu Ran, according to Xu Ran's memory. Liu Tong had been in bed for several days after the accident. Xu Ran was having a tantrum at the time, and he proposed the same request to stop taking medication.

Liu Tong had no choice but to listen to him. Xu Ran had totally forgotten about the accident after a year. Liu Tong has since resumed purchasing medication for him.

Liu Tong, on the other hand, was totally confused today. Why would Xu Ran cause a ruckus here if he wasn't hurt this time?

Liu Tong believed that Xu Ran was acting this way because he had been wronged at home earlier in the morning.

However, Liu Tong reluctantly nodded his head as he realized Xu Ran was waiting for his answer. In reality, Liu Tong intended to reassure Xu Ran at night before continuing to boil medicine for him the next day. No matter how, he could allow Xu Ran to stop having medicine.

Xu Ran was overjoyed, as shown by Liu Tong's agreement. He then took his hand away from Liu Tong's and stretched it in front of him, saying, "It's red... painful."

Because of his grip, Liu Tong felt guilty when he looked at Xu Ran's red hand. Then he softly squeezed Xu Ran's hand, coaxing him with his breath.

Xu Ran, on the other hand, was profoundly ashamed of his actions. In reality, Xu Ran was simply repeating the same act of a fool he had seen before.

There wasn't even a grain of rice on the table for dinner that night, let alone meat. All of the dishes were made with wild vegetables.

Xu Ran ate some steamed corn bread and got some vegetables for the two kids. Even if they were wild vegetables, having something to eat was always beneficial.

When Elder Daddy Xu and Zhang Yue saw Xu Ran's behavior, they rebuked him once more. Xu Ran was totally unconcerned about what they were saying. What mattered was that the kids had enough to eat. In any case, he seemed to be a fool who couldn't understand what they were saying.

The farmers ate their dinner at a very early hour. There were also no evening entertainment services. They all went straight to bed after dinner in order to conserve the lamp's oil. Liu Tong assisted the two children in showering and escorted them to their beds. He then returned to assist Xu Ran with shower.

Liu Tong had been the one to help Xu Ran shower ever since they married, but that was before Xu Ran came to his senses. Since Xu Ran's body had been filled with another soul, he was stubborn about Liu Tong not wanting to wash himself. Liu Tong refused to consider it, no matter what he said.

Liu Tong, finding it difficult to convince him, reasoned that because Ran didn't go out during the day, he wasn't particularly dirty and that it was fine if he didn't want to be washed today. After that, Liu Tong went off to take a bath.

Xu Ran sat beside the bed after Liu Tong had left, contemplating whether or not to inform Liu Tong that he had regained his mind and returned to sanity. Something similar would have happened in the future if he hadn't told him. He was concerned that if he told him, there would be any unfortunate incidents.

Liu Tong had already returned in his pajamas before he could determine whether or not to say it.

Xu Ran's eyes darkened. They must split from the family, regardless of whether he should say it or not.

Xu Ran's clothes were removed by Liu Tong. Liu Tong was used to pull Xu Ran into his arms after they were lying on the bed. Xu Ran wasn't used to being held closely by anyone, but he didn't seem to mind.

Liu Tong patted his back and quietly whispered next to his ear, lulling him to sleep. Xu Ran, on the other hand, was unable to sleep at all. He wouldn't be tired if he didn't talk his thoughts out loud.

So he reached out and gently grasped Liu Tong's collar, saying, "Tongtong."

"What's matter with you, Ran? Tongtong is here with you. "Liu Tong responded calmly.

"I want bamboo... bamboo... a lot of it."

"You want bamboo?" Liu Tong questioned, confused. Then I'll go ahead and chop some the next day. " What makes you think you'd ask for bamboo?

"Don't move it back... keep it hidden, hidden in a place... others.. others can't find it..." Xu Ran said, gradually becoming agitated.

When Liu Tong saw his excited expression, he instantly comforted him, saying, "Alright, it's all right. If I don't move it back, why would you ask for bamboo? 

"The house... I don't like... Daddy and Tongtong live together..."

Xu Ran stuttering, learning a fool's speech, which he found more exhausting than fighting.

Xu Ran's purpose was also understood by Liu Tong. He disliked his Daddy and desired to leave.

Liu Tong had some ideas in his head. Perhaps Ran's plan was realistic. Even he wasn't sure how much longer this family could take them, so it was best to start making plans as soon as possible.

"No.. I don't want medicine, Tongtong... save your money..." Xu Ran was so exhausted after saying this that he closed his eyes and tried to sleep. Then he dozed off.

Xu Ran repeated these words as Liu Tong pondered. He said that he no longer desired to take the medication and that he desired to save money.

Liu Tong was about to ask as to how he figured, when he realized the man in his arms had fallen asleep.

"Ran, don't worry!" he patted Xu Ran's back and murmured beside his ear. "I'll put money aside to cure you. In return, Our two children will have a happy life. Don't worry!" Liu Tong closed his eyes and fell asleep shortly after saying it.

This night, everybody had their own opinions and decisions.

03.13.21