~ Flashbacks

Fallon's POV

------------------

"Fallon!" Ethan yelled, tears in his eyes. "Stay with me, baby, it's okay. You're okay." 

He was currently leaning over me, applying pressure to the wound somewhere on my torso. I didn't really know where the bullet hit me. All I felt was pain. I felt pain from the bullet wound, but it also pained me to see him crying. It was harder than I expected, but I mustered up the strength to lift my right arm, aiming to wipe the tears off his cheeks. I managed to wipe one, but he gently grabbed my hand, kissing it.

"It's okay, Ethan." I weakly smiled. I was starting to get tired.

"No, Fallon! You need to stay awake, okay?!" He was yelling, but it sounded like his voice was getting farther away, as if I was being pulled.

"I love you." I tell him. Then it all went black....

It's been a hard month. I was finally broken up with Adam, but I still lost the man I loved. Who knows, maybe I have Stockholm syndrome. One things for sure though, the alcohol helped. It helped, but it still wouldn't let me sleep through the night. I was still plagued by night terrors. 

I finished off a bottle of vodka around noon, but it was starting to wear off. I was out on the streets, and the closest bar was some shit called 'The Dead Rabbit'. I walked inside and looked around. The place wasn't very busy, and there was a guy and a girl behind the bar. I stumbled to the end and sat down. 

"What can I get you?" the guy asked, walking up. He was monotonous and didn't look much better than me.

I looked up at him and met his eyes. He had pools of blue with hints of green. They were gorgeous. I looked into them and felt as though I was staring into his soul. He had fluffy brown curls, messy from running his hands through them. He was built muscular, but lean. He was tall too, he had to be over 6 feet.

"Tequila." I finally respond. He looks me over, not with disgust, but curiosity. After a few minutes, he shakes his head.

"No, you're cut off." He starts to walk off but I stop him.

"What do you mean? I just got here!"

"Yeah, but from the looks of it, you've had nothing but alcohol in the past few weeks." I glare at him.

"Dude, I swear. You have five seconds to pour me a fucking drink or I will jump over this fucking bar and make it myself." I threaten, lowly. He isn't fazed in the slightest. He doesn't know me though. 

I stumble over the bar, attempting to go get my own fucking drink. He catches me before I can get to the ground and carries me back to a barstool on the other side. We are both glaring at each other, but his quickly changes to a smirk. I roll my eyes, I'm done here.

"You know what? Fine. I'll go somewhere else. There are thousands of other bars in this city." 

"Ok." He says with a smile. I attempt to get up and walk off but I'm quickly yanked back. That fucking asshole. He handcuffed me to the fucking bar. Where did he even get handcuffs.

"Let me go." I glare at him. 

"No can do, miss." He smirks. "My shift ends in an hour. I'll take you home after. I don't want you getting kidnapped in your condition." I groan as he hands me a glass of water, before going to help other customers.

After an hour, his shift ends. He gets a cab and takes me back to my apartment. He was by my side the whole time. I expected him to stay in the cab when we arrived, so I could leave, but he walked me inside. I hoped he would stay in the lobby, but he took the elevator and walked me to my apartment. Creep.