~ Daddy Warbucks

Fallon's POV

------------------

After looking around for hours, I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like we were looking at the same venues over and over again. Cassidy's venue that she lost was gorgeous. It was a modern and fancy rooftop with plenty of room. Everywhere we went, I felt trapped and claustrophobic. I figured out that Cassidy needed something outside and open, so I started looking for places.

The garden venue was beautiful. It looked like something you'd see in a fairytale or a movie. It was open with a ton of room, but it wasn't bare. I had to go to my lunch with Mr. Daniels, but I had to get Cassidy to see it. 

I finally got to the place I was meeting Mr. Daniels. It was a nice little cafe with outdoor seating on the roof. When I walked inside, I immediately notice one of his security guards. I told him my name and he escorted me up to the roof, that was closed off and only seated Craig Daniels. He looked up from his menu he was skimming and smiled at me.

"Fallon."

"Craig." I respond, as he stands up and gives me a polite hug. 

Let me tell you, you'll have a lot of 'out of this world' experiences, or things you never thought would happen in your life. Nothing feels more crazy then, not only having lunch with a billionaire, but having him pull a chair out for you.

"How have you been, sweetheart?" 

"Not so good." I tell him honestly, as he pours me a glass of water from the pitcher on the table. "How have you been?"

"Stressed." He breathes out. "Tired. Being a billionaire is all fun and games until it comes to having to make the money." We both laugh. He gives me a small frown. "What's been going on? Why have things not been good?"

"Relationships, drama, your son..." He rubs his temples, clearly stressed.

I hate that he's stressed, and that I'm adding more. Adam is an egotistical asshat but his father is nothing like that. Craig does have an inflated ego, like any billionaire would, but he didn't grow up with money, so he doesn't act rude or entitled. I honestly think that's why he butts heads with Adam so much. He's his father, but the grew up with different situations and struggles.

Ever since Adam introduced me to his dad, Craig has always been like a father figure to me. My dad passed away when I was little, and my mom never remarried. Craig would always ask me about my school, my hobbies, check in, make sure Adam was treating me right.

When Adam wasn't treating me right, Craig was the first to know. I didn't tell anyone when it started, and we never saw Adam's father but once in a blue moon. When we broke up, though, he came to check on me and saw all of the bruises and scars. He swore to me that Adam would never lay another finger on me again. He even told me he would not be upset if I broke the NDA and took Adam to court, but I didn't. I don't know why I didn't. I guess, after the breakup, I was so glad to be done with him, I never wanted to deal with him again.

"What has my child been up to?" He asked, already angered.

"I went on a trip with some friends and when I got back, I found a letter and a white rose in my apartment. I don't know how he got in, but he basically asked me to meet again. Against my better judgment, I went. We had a very short dinner, where I told him to quit trying to contact me. He broke into my apartment and stayed for the night when I wasn't home, almost got one of my friends arrested. The only way to get him to drop the charges was by going on a date with him. We went on the date and, after, he kidnapped me with one of his men and took me to his apartment, locked me in my old room for hours, came in drunk and tried to get me to sleep with him." I let out a breath when I finally finish.

"Well." He leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "I knew my son was up to something, but that makes since. I'm hoping his trip to the Emergency room the other night was your doing?" I couldn't help the slight smile that came over my face. 

"I may or may not have hit him over the head with a lamp..." He gave me a nod of approval.

"I confronted him last night, asking him why he's trying to get with me after no contact for a year, he said it was because of you. Because you won't give him the company until he's married?"

"It's true, I won't. I hope that my son will one day grow the hell up and get married, then I can hand my company over to a stable man in a stable relationship and together they can keep my company stable and afloat." I nod, it was more than understandable. 

"Have you heard from him lately?"

"The usual amount. I guess he realized he slipped up when he told you his intentions, because he's been trying to call me and spend time with me all day. I've been busy though, and I figured he was up to something." We're both silent for a moment before Craig calls one of his security guards on the roof over.

"Yes sir?" He asks.

"Call my son's security. I want him at my home in an hour." The man nods before walking off.

"His security?" Craig smirks at me.

"They may be my son's body guards, but they know who signs their paychecks." I laugh and shake my head. Oh, daddy warbucks knows how to play, and he plays dirty. 

"What're you going to do?"

"I love my son, but the way he's treated you, other people in his life, hell, even himself is unacceptable. He needs to grow up and sometimes the best way to grow up is by being on your own. I think it's time I cut my son off." I freeze. Cutting Adam off means no more money, no more security, no more power. He'd be helpless, like I once was. "Listen, Fallon. My son needs to grow up and learn on his own. He needs to know that life comes with consequences and dad can't get him out of everything. I'm going to give him a warning to never contact or mess with you again. If he does though, you take him to court and you show all of the evidence of assault. I will give you the best damn lawyers in the country. If he ever tries to come near you, lock his ass up." I nod. Many people have told me to do that, many people would tell someone in my situation to do that. His own father though? I guess everyone really does show love in different ways. 

I was going to say something, but our food came out. Craig was, as I was told, in the mood for 'greasy pizza and a view'. We ate at the restaurant but actually ordered pizza from a small joint on the other side of town. Billionaires man...

"So, are you still running around with Ethan?" Craig smirked. He knew about Ethan and I. He's never met him, but I've told him about Ethan. Plus he's had people keeping an eye on me ever since Adam and I broke up.

"I told you Adam wasn't my only problem..." He gave me a goofy look.

"Do you mean to tell me that the Fallon Grant, of all people, is having boy troubles?"

"It's complicated." I groan, putting my head on the table that was cleared after we finished eating.

"Well, I own half of Wall Street. I may not be good with relationship problems, but I'm good with 'complicated'." 

"Do you really wanna know?" I sigh, propping my head up on my hand. He nods. "Spencer, the one who lives next to me, has a cousin who just moved to New York. The minute she got here, she wedged herself between Ethan and I. I tried to be the bigger person, I mean, Ethan and I aren't dating. I broke things off with Ethan and told him to give Ally a shot because its not like we could ever have a real relationship, we were always just friends that were a late night booty call." He's silent for a moment.

"So is he dating the other girl now?"

"Yes? No? I don't know, he keeps coming back to me. It's like he can't choose between the two of us, yet I already made it clear that I'm not going to be an option." He smiles at me, sympathetically.

"Sweetheart, you are an option. Whether you both like it or not, he wouldn't be coming back to you if he didn't have feelings for you. Excuse my vulgar language, but no pussy is good enough to constantly go back to when you have someone offering you everything." My face turned red with embarrassment. He was right though.

You wouldn't be going back to a hook up when you're in a good relationship, unless there's more there than sex...

------------------

22k!!! Comment and Vote!