Magic Murderer - chapter 19 Overture

Driving back to the police station from the cemetery, Bai Yutang asked Zhan Zhao a little inexplicably, "Kitty, about Zhao Jue's thing, do you want to tell Chief Bao?"

Zhan Zhao thought for a while, "What do you think, did Chief Bao know about it before we did?"

"..." Bai Yutang frowned. "What do these old guys have up their sleeves? I can’t make heads or tails of it."

"Nn" Zhan Zhao leaned his head on Bai Yutang's shoulder and closed his eyes  . "For now, let's ignore it for a while. When the case is closed, we can ask them."

"Right" Bai Yutang said suddenly, "Why don’t you ask your dad?"

"Hah?" Zhan Zhao was alarmed and somewhat uncomfortable. "Why should I ask him?"

"When Chief Bao took us to see Zhao Jue last time, judging by to his tone, Zhao Jue should also know your dad." Bai Yutang laughed, "Besides, your dad is easier to speak to than my old man!"

"How is it easy to talk to him?" Zhan Zhao grimaced, "He is so serious. I haven't had a chat with him since the holidays, and I suddenly come and ask? How strange would that be?!"

"At most, he wouldn’t talk. He wouldn’t hit you, would he? My old man uses his fist instead of his mouth but then again..." Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao, "I think your dad seems to have been especially harsh to you ever since you were a kid"

Zhan Zhao was lost in thought, "It would be nice if he was willing to beat me. Since my childhood, he’s been completely indifferent. He doesn’t even look at me."

"Don't be stupid, he's just more serious." Bai Yutang saw Zhan Zhao’s face dim and he comforted him quickly.

Every time he talked about his dad's problems, he would become sullen and unhappy That is to say, when he was a child, Zhan Zhao was so adorable that all the adults loved him dearly.

However, his real father never seemed to care about him at all. Bai Yutang always thought that Zhan Zhao may not be his father's biological son, but they looked so very much alike you couldn’t possibly believe that...

"All right, I don’t feel it anymore." Zhan Zhao waved his hand. "Don't mention it. Let's find a way to break this case first."

Bai Yutang nodded, "I just asked the Zhang Long and Wang Chao to interrogate Kong Cheng and Wei Yong. We’ll probably know the result when we get back... I am more concerned about why Bai Chi was attacked?"

"That was a bit weird!" Zhan Zhao nodded. "Bai Chi has nothing to do with this case and looking at the behavior of the perpetrator It's very much like the Magic Murderer." As he spoke, he gestured to his neck. "Chopping here."

"Kitty..." Bai Yutang was silent for a while, then said, "Zhao Zhen's fighting skill is very good."

"Ah?" Zhan Zhao didn't quite understand why Bai Yutang suddenly changed the subject to Zhao Zhen, "What do you mean?"

"I noticed it on the plane that one time." Bai Yutang said to himself, "Absolute mastery."

"What do you want to say?" Zhan Zhao asked and looked at Bai Yutang.

"In fact, that day, he had many ways to save Bai Chi without being injured, and he could have caught the person who attacked Bai Chi."

"You mean..." Zhan Zhao frowned slightly, "Zhao Zhen deliberately let that person go?"

Bai Yutang smiled, "I'm not sure, but if he got injured, there would be a good excuse for not catching that person"

"Zhao Zhen knows that person..." Zhan Zhao thought for a while, "And that person should still be important to him."