The Numbers Killer - Chapter 25 Suggestion

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang drove down to the location of Professor Xu's private clinic as provided by Chen Jing. After making rounds around the area, they headed to a street with relatively low end bars.

 As Bai Yutang's car was too eye catching, the two parked the car a distance away and walked over.

This was an area where hoodlums congregate, filled with bars, clubs, all the typical business one would associate with a red-light district.

All the people loitering along these streets were young and dressed in a strange fashion. 

Zhan Zhao was looking for the unit number while checking against the address when Bai Yutang suddenly pulled him to his side by the shoulder. 

"What was that for?" Zhan Zhao shook Bai Yutang's hand off and asked while giving the latter a dirty look. 

Bai Yutang whispered, "Shh, don't look behind, there's someone following us."

"We were discovered so quickly?" Zhan Zhao asked with a surprised expression. 

Bai Yutang smiled in response, "It's probably not what you're thinking of."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Zhan Zhao inquired, confused. 

"You'll understand in a moment," Bai Yutang said and pulled him into an empty alley.

Suddenly, the messy sound of footsteps could be heard coming from behind them. It seemed like there was more than one person.

Bai Yutang stopped in his tracks. Then, two men ran up before them while another two stood behind them. Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang had been surrounded. 

Zhan Zhao observed the group and they all looked to be in their twenties. Their dress sense was very punk inspired with tattoos on their body and bizarre hairstyles COSPLAY??

"You two look pretty well off."

One of the hoodlums scanned Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao up and down and said, "Hand over some cash."

Zhan Zhao looked at Bai Yutang and desperately tried to contain his laughter.

The Captain of Criminal Investigators was being extorted. This was probably a first for Bai Yutang ever since he was born. 

"It's fine if you don't have money," Another one of hoodlums said while reaching his hand out with a sleazy laugh.

"We can also have some fun together..." His hand reached straight for Zhan Zhao's chin.