Magic Murderer - Chapter 2 Return

Magic Murderer - Chapter 2  Return

Bai Chi walked around the city library a few times, looking through it one shelf at a time. He piled the books high on one of the tables.

"Do you want to borrow all of these?" The administrator was surprised. "The number of books you can borrow is regulated."

Bai Chi shook his head and showed him his police officer ID card, saying, "I’m not borrowing them; it's police expropriation! I'll pay you back."

The administrator looked suspiciously at the person in front of him. How could this man be related to the word "police"? He said helplessly, "Okay, but I need to register it. It may take a long time. We will send them to you at the police station after we do so. "

"Okay... okay, thank you." Bai Chi nodded and turned to leave, but he saw a few archaic archives by the door... and curiously walked up. It was an old-fashioned data cabinet. It was filled with small drawers one by one in alphabetical order.

When they were opened, you could see a stack of cards in each drawer, which recorded the type, name, and location of the data. When Bai Chi walked up to one of the cabinets, he saw the word "Newspapers" on the label.

The catalogue of the city library had been classified and managed using computers. Bai Chi has searched all of them just now, but because there were too many newspapers, only the ones from the past two years had been sorted out.

Other old ones would be here. Upon opening the drawer, Bai Chi was pleasantly surprised to find that there were as many as thirty years of newspapers, so he patiently flipped through the cards one at a time. He wanted to turn out all the cases from the past two decades.

"Hi!" A person suddenly popped up and tapped him. It startled Bai Chi, and he turned his head in fright and frowned.

It wasn’t a stranger who tapped Bai Chi, but it was Zhao zhen, who they had met on the plane that morning.

He turned back around, ignoring him... and continued looking.

Zhao zhen figured that he had never been so ignored in his entire life and smiled awkwardly. He came up and asked, "What are you looking for, coming to the library as soon as you got off the plane?"

Bai Chi looked up, gave him a cold glance, and said, "You... forget it!"

"Hey!" Zhao zhen took off his glasses. "Have I offended you before? Why do you hate me so much?"

"Swindler!" Bai Chi rolled his eyes again and lowered his head to look for information. He leaned to the side, pulling a bit away from Zhao zhen.

... Zhao zhen gave Bai Chi a stern glance and suddenly uttered, "Ah!"

Bai Chi looked up in surprise and saw Zhao yan pointing into the distance. He instinctively turned his head to look—there was nothing at all.

"Bai Chi" Zhao zhen smiled, "Good name"

Bai Chi turned back and noticed that Zhao zhen had taken his police ID card away...

"Gi... give it back to me!" He immediately reached out to grab it, but Zhao zhen escaped with the police badge, "S.C.I. Oh?"

"Give it!" Bai Chi snatched it fiercely and put it back in his pocket. Then, he turned around and listened as Zhao zhen said, "Eh?? You were born in K City?? I was in K City when I was a kid."

Bai Chi was startled and looked back. This time, he saw that his wallet was also in Zhao zhen's hands. He was looking at his ID card...

"You give it back to me! I’ll arrest you!" Bai Chi was furious. He snatched his wallet and yelled fiercely.