The Numbers Killer - Chapter 28 Obsession [Case Closed

The Numbers Killer - Chapter 28 Obsession [Case Closed]

The person who called Zhan Zhao was indeed Zhang Boyi. 

The contents of their conversation were very simple. Zhan Zhao was to go alone to meet him on an abandoned cargo ship at S City's harbour at 9 AM. The ship's serial number was TX512.

Zhang Boyi wanted Zhan Zhao to bring with him the Zhao Jue's old confidential records in exchange for Zhao Jue.

He warned Zhan Zhao that should the latter arrive with the police, he would kill Zhao Jue.

Then, all those hundreds of staff at the research centre would turn into killing machines. 

The next morning at 9 AM, Zhan Zhao arrived at the harbour alone as agreed upon. 

Walking along the harbour, Zhan Zhao found the cargo ship TX512 in a very secluded spot. He boarded the ship and walked down to the cabin. 

The ship had been abandoned for a long time. The dilapidated cabin was very large and was filled with straws as well as unwanted cloth covers.

The musty old smell coupled with the smell of grease from old machinery was abnormally stinging to the nose. 

When Zhan Zhao walked into the cabin, he saw a figure in pure white crouching in the middle of the cabin.

He was drawing something on the floor with a wooden stick. The complicated silencer on his neck gave away his identity it was Zhao Jue.

When Zhao Jue looked up, he saw Zhan Zhao and smiled at him before going back to his drawing. 

As Zhan Zhao walked over to Zhao Jue. the latter who was still squatting down, raised his stick and pointed behind Zhan Zhao.

Zhan Zhao turned around sharply to see Zhang Boyi standing somewhat awkwardly just 3-4 steps behind him. In his outstretched hand was a slightly damp handkerchief.

Zhang Boyi angrily tossed the handkerchief aside and glowered at Zhao Jue.

Zhan Zhao frowned at him, "I'd advise you to turn yourself in."

"Shut up there's no way I'm going to jail" Zhang Boyi stated as he reached out his hand.

"Did you bring the items?"

Zhan Zhao handed him a leather briefcase. 

Zhang Boyi took the briefcase and hurriedly checked the contents.