XLVI

26th December 2018

Kenna hugged her dad one last time, "thank you so much for this."

Tony pushed her back, "after what you've been through, you deserve some time off." Pepper walked over just then and Tony slid his arm around her waist.

"I want you to promise something," Pepper said, taking Kenna's hand, "you will not look at a single newspaper or news report for your whole trip."

"I promise, I will be requiring daily 'I'm still alive' texts instead." Kenna hugged her.

"Wait, before you go." Pepper squeezed her hand, "I have a business trip after you come back so I won't get to see you for at least a month, I wanted to tell you something before you left." She pulled her back into a hug, "I'm pregnant." Kenna shot back, eyes wide and shining with tears. She looked at Tony who just nodded with a smug look on his face.

"Okay, I never need to see that face again." Kenna pointed to him. "I'm so happy for you," she glanced around at the others, no one was paying attention, "do I get a best big sister t-shirt?"

"Absolutely," Tony replied, "now go, enjoy your honeymoon- just not too much- in fact don't enjoy it at all." The both hugged Kenna one more time.

"Enjoy it as much as you want," Pepper said, dropping Kenna's hand. Kenna waved to the others and slid into the limo. Loki got in the other side as she rolled down the window.

"I love you guys!" She stuck her hand out the window to wave while Loki took ahold of her other one.

Once they had driven away and out of sight Kenna fell back against the seat. Frigga, Sif and Valkyrie had gone home that morning and made Kenna and Loki promise to visit soon.

"Do you have any idea where Stark is sending us?" Loki asked, pulling her into his side. Kenna shook her head into his chest.

"Pepper's pregnant," she said, looking up. She slid down so she was lying across the seats with her head in his lap. It was already dark outside, they'd spent the whole day having a lazy day after Christmas as is tradition.

"She is?" Kenna nodded, "that's nice for them." Loki threaded his fingers through Kenna's hair, twisting one section around his finger.

"Should I change my name?"

"Yes, I was thinking Trudence was a nice name." Kenna whacked his chest with the back of her hand.

"I meant my last name,"

"It's not common among Asgardian marriages, children are named for their father and that never changes," Loki told her, combing through her hair with his fingers.

"I suppose, I was just thinking about having the same last name as you."

"You want to be the Son of Odin?" Kenna laughed at that.

"Maybe not," she sighed and looked up at him, "Stark will have to do." She closed her eyes, "of course our children will have to be Lokison."

She heard and felt Loki choke on his own tongue. "I had never thought of that," he mused, "or Lokidottir."

"Naturally." Kenna's eyelids got heavier as she fluttered them to try and stay away.

"Sleep my darling, I'll wake you when we get to the airport."

...

"We're here, darling." Loki gently shook her shoulder, stirring her from her nap. She sat up, digging the heels of hands into her eyes.

Kenna slept most of the flight. It was easy, the Stark Jet was virtually silent, partly because she and Loki were the only ones on it aside from one assistant. But mostly it was silent because Tony had gone through a severely eco friendly phase a few months back and had almost half the emissions from his jets, finding a way to make them quieter in the process.