Chapter 1: Assigned

"He's so pretty!"

"Taehyun-ah!!"

"A prince~"

"Leave him"

"The ice prince will not notice you, don't waste your time."

I can hear people in the back trying to argue. Girls are sighing sadly while the boys are laughing at them.

'Ice prince.'

Do they really think that will piss me off? Idiots. I've been called worse.

+×+

"He always does an incredible job!"

"He's a lot smarter and mature for his age."

"Your child is exceptional!"

"He's perfect."

I've always been on top. I've always been liked by people. I liked the attention I was getting. I was one of the 'popular kids'. I liked it.

But not now. I've changed and am trying to stay away from popularity. Yet still, I gather attention from students. Even the mask doesn't help to keep my face hidden.

I find a bunch of secret notes from girls and boys in my locker every day. Easy to guess by the handwriting. I reject them all. I don't even read them anymore. Just throw them away straight in the trash bin.

They don't even know me! Only want to date me because of my looks and popularity. Sorry, my bad that I love working out and have an exceptional body.

That's how I got the nickname 'ice prince' of the school. I don't even want to be the 'popular kid'! They piss me off! All those fake smiles to please the fans-stalkers. Those who are using their wealth and looks to keep their place in the spotlight.

Sick.

+×+

As I was on my way to another class, I just had to bump into someone. The boy wasn't too tall but still taller than me.

I looked up to see who it is.

Pretty boy with dark black hair, wearing the same uniform as I do; always smiling, the 'life of the party'. Another popular kid.

Choi Beomgyu.

We kept looking into each other's eyes for a moment. My face showing no emotion. We haven't spoken a word and I just passed by him and headed to my class.

+×+

The teacher was talking but despite that, the girls were still giving strange gazes and winks to the popular group and especially Choi Beomgyu who just had to be in my class.

"....work in pairs."

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the phrase said by the teacher. Did she say something about partnering up for an assignment?

"Let's see..." she continued as she scanned the class.

"Looks like Taehyun and Beomgyu don't have their desk partners today. You two will be working together then! Perfect! Now everyone has a partner!"