BURNT

LISA

"Jimin, please cancel all my appointment for two weeks. I think I need to breathe."
I told him as I dropped my body on my chair in the office and just stared on the ceiling.

"I already did. You really need it, boss. I noticed you've been too exhausted lately. But next month, we're having a new case. A big one is involved."
He said and I got curious.

"Big?"
I asked.

"Child support. Former first lady. The President was too pretentious during his term. And only to find out, he wasn't financially supporting his minor son for two years now. So, he and the first lady separated during his term."
He said and I was surprised. The President was an advocate of happy marriage. What happened?

I left my office and I actually don't know where to go.

I am physically tired and I feel dead inside. My family is still in the US and I really have nowhere to go.

I strolled around Myeongdong and ate all the street food I wanted.
Reminded me of some days Jennie and I used to stroll here back in college.

Jennie.

How is she?
I never heard of her for a month now.
She's probably two months pregnant with our child.
Hmmm.
My child.

I walked along and looked at the stores one by one. The place is different from how it used to be. Shops are becoming modern and more businesses are taking in place.
Number of tourist is extremely increasing.
I missed this.
It's been years that I haven't walked alone here and free myself from work.

I was looking at the right side because I got amazed of the cameras inside this shop.
So beautiful!

Then I was shocked!

"Oh, god!"
I blurted out.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."
A teen woman kept apologizing after she bumped me and her hot ramen in a cup spilled on my chest.

"It's okay. Don't worry."
I said and I took my hanky from my pocket but looks like I left it again in the office. Damn!

"Lisa!"
A familiar voice called me out.

I looked at the direction where it's coming from and it's from the bench on my left.

"Come over here."
She said.

I looked at her and she is still
so damn beautiful.
And a tiny bump expands her shirt.

Yes. Jennie.

I approached her. Hesitant.
But I don't know why I sat beside her.

We avoided looking each other in the eyes. She placed her food on her right.
She took her hanky, wet it with the water from her bottle.

She pulled out my polo being tucked from my pants and inserted her hand with hanky inside and wiped my skin gently.
I'm surprised she's doing this.

"Je— Jen..."

"What? Don't complain or the burn will leave a mark on your chest. You better think of another tattoo design that matches the one you got on your back hip."
She said and I smiled.
Fuck. I smiled.

"Why— why are you here? It's night time and a bit cold. Not good for you."
I said.

"I need to extend my working hours. My co-assistant had an emergency leave and I had to stay until eight. Good thing, I am not on shift tonight from my other job. I just got some snacks."
She said.