SHE IS JENNIE KIM

LISA

Everyday we realize how college life turned us into someone you didn't expect yourself to be.
Subjects are hard. Meeting with your friends for a lesser time as you all took different courses from each other is possible.
But we always make sure we bond four times a week and also on weekends.

And my heart,
the beat became different too.
It's now having a rhythm, a synching melody with my soul every time I get to see Jennie Kim.
Seeing her brightens up my day.
I'm lucky when I get the chance to see her at the library or she'll pass by the cafeteria and when Rosé and her meet up for a small talk. Also when she bonds with her friends at the school's gazebo or having a date with one of her suitors who is always with her.
Rosé said his name is Kai.
She also told me that Jennie might give him a chance since she mentioned to her that she is interested in getting to know him.

While here I am, I just watch her from afar most of the time. I am not hoping for a bigger chance with her anymore as we're not really friends and I don't think she would like me back. But if you're going to ask me if I like her, I really do. She has this effect on me that makes me feel alive and excited.
I am glad that my friends are not teasing me about her anymore. They would instead tease me with those college chicks who want to flirt with me.
But I always ignore them. I am not really interested with other women and I don't know why.

Currently, I am at the gazebo reading a novel by Chuck Palahniuk as I wait for my friends to come.
And here's Rosé with Jennie Kim walking.
Shit. I am sweating. Why is she with her approaching me?

"Lis, I am sorry to keep you waiting, just ended my class. Jisoo and Bam are on their way here too. By the way, Jennie has a project and you're the only one I know who can help her with."
Rose said and they both sat in front of me.

Jennie and I looked each other straight in the eyes and she smiled. I'm melting.

"Hi. Nice to see you again. I hope you can help me with my project on Human Anatomy. I will pay you, just name the price and we're good. Can I have your number?"
She said and I am like floating above the clouds with her angelic voice. She is so direct and I love it.

"Hey, Lis! Jennie wants your number."
Rosé snapped her fingers on my sight and I came back to my senses. Shit! 
I was too obvious.

"Hmmm. Ok. Sure."
I said and I gave her my number and she saved it on her phone.

"I got to go now. I will text you tonight and discuss with you what's my project is about. I will just finalize something with my professor."
She said and and I nodded while my body was like being caressed by her sweet and calming voice.

"You're right, Rosé. I bet she really does.
I got to go. Thank you, guys! Thanks, Lis!
By the way, you have a good taste in books, huh."
She added and I don't know what she meant by her first sentence. And oh, she noticed my book.

Jennie left and I am still in paradise thinking of how beautiful she is. She has this light and bright personality that injects some kind of romantic feeling in my system. I tried to visualize us together. Hmmm. We both look good together. But man, I think she's straight. And she will never like someone like me.

About to go to bed but someone is calling and texting me. It's just an unknown number. I didn't mind to answer. I always don't.

I read it one by one.

Unknown Number:
Hi, Lisa! This is Jennie. I have been calling you. Let me know if you're still awake. 🙂

My eyes widened.
Oh, shit!
I don't have a load!

I rushed out and looked for an open convenience store to get a cellular load.

L: Hi, Jen! I am sorry it took long for me to respond.
I ran out of load. Sorry.

She replied immediately.

J: It's okay. Rosé told me you really don't answer unknown numbers. Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself at first. Can I call you?

I didn't reply anymore and I'm the one who called her.

L: Hi, Jennie! Good evening.

J: Oh! Hi, Lis! Hmmm. So, this is how your bedroom voice sounds like.

What?

L: Hmmm?

J: Hahaha! Never mind. By the way, let's talk about my project. Can we do it this weekend? We are required to build a miniature mock-up of the human body. Transforming mock-up which there will be an opening and you get to see the internal organs.

L: Oh. Sounds strange but interesting.

J: Am I freaking you out?

L: What? No. It's interesting! So, what medium do you want for this project?

J: You sure? Just let me know if you're not comfortable, ok? But I wish you'll do it. Rosé showed me photos of your work and I am really amazed! I love your clay sculptures.

L: Rosé. Did she show you the naked ones or—?

J: Yes. You're great!

L: Thanks!

J: So, can we start this weekend? I mean, can I come to your place and watch? I'm really interested seeing you doing it.

L: Oh. Wait. Are you sure? I mean, our place doesn't suit you.

J: If you're just comfortable. I don't mind of the place, Lisa.

L: Hmmm. Ok. I'll give you my address then.

J: Yeah. So, good night?

L: Yeah. Good night.

J: Thank you, Lisa.

L: You're welcome, Jennie.

We ended the call and I don't know why I keep smiling.
God. Why are you so hard to reach, Jennie Kim?