DON'T CLASP

JENNIE

"And now you're crying like shit. I'm your friend. Lisa is my friend too. But I won't take back what I said that you deserve that regret of letting her slip away, Jennie."
Rosé is shooting me with her words as we watch Lisa carrying Nancy at her back and they're goofing around. They look so happy.

"I— I miss her. I miss her everyday. Her smile. Her handsome face. Her kindness. The way she bites her lip when she's doing her art and too focused to finish it. Her intelligence. The way she talks. Her sexy doe eyes. The way she takes care of me. And when she looked at me straight in the eyes. So sincere and full of passion."
I delivered and Rosé shook her head.

"I don't want to make you feel worse, Jen. But you really let that genuine person stay away from you. But of course, knowing Lisa, she just wanted you to be happy. She really did love you. Sorry, I also told her to stop courting you. You were just hurting her. You have taken her for granted."
Jisoo told me and yeah, it's true. I can't argue with her.

"Look at that good looks. How I wish I got that face."
Bam added and they kept teasing me even if I get teary about this.

"So, how are you and Kai?"
Rosé asked.

"Oh. I don't know where he is now. We have been fighting for weeks. He keeps going out every night as if he doesn't have a girlfriend."
I said as I still watch Lisa being hugged by Nancy from behind as they walk and inspect the flowers along the field inside the University. She takes photos of Nancy too from time to time.

"That boyfriend of yours is really a guy without a brain. Why are you in love with him? He's not even good-looking. Dull. Sorry, but he is not good. Too proud of himself."
Rosé honestly said.

"Kai is a good person."
I defended my boyfriend.

"Oh. Is he? Since when? We're not informed."
Jisoo was the one who responded.
I think Jisoo really hates him.

Lisa and Nancy are approaching us and she looked at me. I immediately wiped my eyes.

"Jen, are you okay? What happened?"
She asked worriedly.

"Yes. I'm good."
I said and she nodded.
Fuck. I am not okay because I miss you.
You keep ignoring me for a long time.

She then shifted back her attention to Nancy.
Lisa holds her waist and protects her like no can ever hurt her ever.

God.

Is this suicide? Why are you so affected, Jennie?

I heard them talking about where to go after Lisa's debate competition this afternoon and Lisa offered to cook for Nancy.
She used to cook for our lunch or whenever I come to her house before.

We're heading to the University hall where all students should gather and watch the debate competition where Lisa represented our school against the other.

Nancy embraced her tight before she went up to the stage.

"You can do it. I believe in you."
Nancy said and Lisa smiled at her. That smile she used to show only to me when she was still courting me.