"Hah, if only it were that easy. Sadly, life isn't an anime. Must've just been my imagination."

The trip back to the capital was faster than the walk to Nartuca, mainly because the Mayor, who had told us his name was Lusham, had purchased us a carriage to take us back. They, being the trio, tried to deny the offer, stating we could pay for it ourselves. I was against that but had kept silent. A free ride was always welcome in my book.

Either way, Lusham wouldn't have it, saying it was the least he could do for eliminating the threat that opposed his village. So, in the end, he had paid for us.

The trio thanked the carriage driver as we stepped off onto the capital's streets. It was just as busy as the last time I was there, and I quickly found myself getting sick over the large crowd that soon engulfed us.

"You okay?" Han spoke with a slightly amused look on his face while we walked.

Of course, I wasn't okay. I was terrified of crowds. I could always feel their eyes on me, silently judging. Social events that included a lot of people had never been my thing. It was why I dropped out of high school in my third year. Well, that and a plethora of other reasons.

"Let's get to the blacksmith," was all I replied with. "You have the money now, so let's get you guys better gear." They all agreed with me, and we made our to the store.

Not even three seconds later...

"Kichirou! Get off the ground!" Sora yelled at me. It turned out that walking with two beautiful girls on either side of you would draw the eyes of several dozen people, and those eyes saw right through me.

"Stop judging me!!" I was cradled up against a wall, holding my knees as I heard them mocking me in their internal monologues.

"Look at him. Why is he with girls like that?"

"He looks like such a loser."

"Look at his eyes. So vulgar."

"Kichirou, I swear that if you don't get up right now, I'll stare you to death!" Sora used blackmail. It was effective...sort of.

"W-What?" I squeaked. "Having a beautiful girl stare at me would kill me! But she's beautiful, so is it really a bad thing? But for a girl like her to stare at a guy like me could only mean one thing. She's thinking bad things about me. Stop st-ACK," Sora slapped me.

"S-Shut up! Don't just go calling a girl beautiful, especially if you're saying it like some kind of perverted masochist!" Her face was red as she spoke. It was obvious I had upset her. So, I quickly apologized.

"S-Sorry..." I looked at the ground. "I didn't mean to come off weird like that." Being a loner meant you were used to being alone, but that also meant you knew how to get people off your back and avoid them. If they tried speaking to you, you ignored them. If that didn't work, just give them a dirty look that said to disappear. That always worked if the former didn't.

The other thing was apologizing. Loners were always the first to do it. If you didn't, whether you were in the right or wrong, it dragged out the conversation and could even draw more hostility.

"More like a pervert," Sora muttered.

"Not you, too!" I blurted.

""Too?"" Ruby and Sora spoke simultaneously as they gave me looks of confusion, all of which I ignored. I didn't want to talk about my experience with Lilith and how she had called me a pervert. I had to keep that a secret because if it were brought up around her, with Lilith's deranged imagination, she'd twist the reality of what happened and make me seem like a real pervert.

"Kichi?" A new voice spoke from behind me. The strong accent made me freeze in place, and I recognized it immediately. It was none other than the devil herself.

"Kichi? Is that some sort of nickname?" I thought.

"...Lilly." I turned around with an awkward smile as I meekly replied with my own nickname that I created on the spot. I thought it was pretty good as well.

"Ya came back sooner than I would'a thought. Did'cha miss me that bad?" She blinked her eyes slowly as she stepped closer. I assumed it was her attempt at seduction, so I karate-chopped her head as a reply. It was a soft chop but still hard enough for her to grab her head. "OWIE!" She cried out.

Judging from the look she was giving me, the karate chop was the last thing she expected. She had probably thought her womanly charm would have swayed my heart. And it usually would have some effect, but since it was Lilith, it was ineffective.

"What was that fer?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I thought ya would'a' fell for me if I did that."

"So that was you trying to seduce me!" My face turned a gloomy blue as I flinched back in shock.

"Whaaaa! I wasn' tryna' seduce ya! I was activatin' yer natural male predatory instinct!" Lilith rebelled.

"What the hell does that mean?!" A vein bulged on my forehead.

"This girl is really getting under my skin. She always brands me as some kind of perverted weirdo!"

Why Did the God of Love Choose Me!? VOL 1-3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara