𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘂𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲 ➪ 𝗠𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗥𝗮𝗽𝗽

Song: pick up the phone - Travis Scott, Young Thug, Quavo

b/n = best friend name

"Maybe you should just pick up the phone girl."

-❦-

Y/n is sitting on the floor, knees up to her chest as she's sobbing a little. Today marked a dark anniversary for her. Today a year ago Mitch disappeared after the death of his fiancée, who was killed when a terrorist attack appealed. Mitch hasn't been seen by his best friend ever since. No phone calls, no texts, no video messages. Nothing.

At first y/n didn't know what was going on. The poor girl didn't know about the news until the day after, so when she tries to contact Mitch about the proposal he'd do that day, she assumed it went wrong, him not willing to talk to anyone in the moment. She only found out about the death of Katrina, his fiancée, the next day, understanding why the boy ghosted her. Over time she's tried to contact her best friend.

But he never responded.

Mitch and y/n know each other as long as the girl could remember. He was the one who always layer besides her in her crib, the one who she always played with outside in elementary school, got annoyed with in middle school and shared lunch in high school. She was the one that learned him how he should treat girl, as he on his turns learned her about how to handle guys. The two shared everything before Katrina's death. From the smallest things to the biggest ones, like Mitch' proposal. She was the only one who knew.

The only one who knew why he disappeared.

But Mitch, he'd always respond to her, no matter what. This wasn't the Mitch she knew. Mitch would reassure her he was fine, even if he wasn't. Mitch was the one who would tell her he was getting over it, even if he still thought about Katrina every day. Mitch would tell her she didn't need to come over to Ibiza, even though she would've come anyway and eat some ice cream with him to deal with his loss.

That was gone.

Y/n started to forget about her best friend, making new friends in Atlanta, the place she lived. She applied for a job seeing she was fired from her last one because she didn't show up a whole month.

And now, she was over him.

She thought.

She's still here, on the ground, sobbing away about the 'loss' of her best friend from birth and, if it depended on her, the one she would be best friends with until death parted their ways. She's always loved Mitch, feeling indescribable feelings in her stomach whenever the two were around each other. He was the one who usually cheered her up, made her believe and pulled her through things, no matter what. But now she only had herself, nobody else to stop the heartache he'd formed.

Sobs became cries and soon enough the girl was crying, tens of tissues all around her. She couldn't stop, didn't want to stop and wouldn't stop. Everything she'd hidden in those twelve months flooded out, her not knowing how to stop it. It felt nice, knowing she somehow had feelings about the matter, but on the other she'd wished she was over it.

Over him.

As the girl stood up to grab a bottle of wine b/n, her best friend, entered the house with the key y/n had given to her, coming across the ocean of tissues immediately. In concern she enters the kitchen, seeing a broken y/n on the counter, sipping on the bottle of wine she had in her hand.

"Y/n..." b/n began as she walked towards her best friend, feelings sorry for her. After Mitch had 'left' her, the girl saw how her best friend got into a tailspin. The girl barely ate, slept or drank, only thinking about the one she craved the most in her life at the moment. She wanted to see him, hold him, touch him, but he was never there. B/n knew y/n was friends with Mitch when they became friends and had even met the guy, who seemed so sweet and genuine to her, but that image soon faded when she saw what he did to her best friend, not knowing how she could ease the pain y/n was feeling.