Avenger- Departure

Start from the beginning

"Let's go," Keldeo said.

"Where's my brother?" he asked standing up.

"We have to catch up to him. We're going to have to run. Get on my back."

"Thanks."

Luke climbed onto Keldeo's back. His memories failed him. They ran through a white void.

"Mother's forces are coming from-"

The conversation skipped.

"They're trying to flank. Use-"

"Hey, Hikari?" Luke asked.

"Yah?" Keldeo turned his eyes back.

"Did humans fight like we do, too?"

"Of course we-"

"We must fight. Mother has to be stopped. Luke, we're going to need flight-"

A mountain.

"It's ironic. They're trying to see his hands past the edge of the universe, how they're moving."

"To the Valorian royal family, I-"

Luke couldn't figure it out. It lied. He couldn't understand why.

That look of mercy, pure and utter horror at what he had to do.

"As Pharaohs, we have a responsibility to rule the world."

Only one of them could be the Peacekeeper.

"Luke, I need help. Please!"

"Luke! We have to fight!"

Luke's eyes opened. Togetic Morgan's blue eyes closed as she wiped them and hardened. She offered her hand to help him. Luke took it.

It had felt like soil, but the surface they stood on appeared to be a cloud. Above them, the ring drowned the night sky in sharp light. If he had to guess, they were sucked in by the waterspout and taken to a mystery dungeon. A fight could start at any moment.

"I remembered something," said Luke, staring off at the sky. "Not really everything, but I have this feeling. There's something I need to do, and I know where we need to go. I just need to live to do it. I understand you're out for revenge, but I need to survive this. We should prioritize escaping from here on out."

Morgan stared at him. "Is it worth it?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Let's try."

A shrill shriek snaked through the sky. It reached their ears in short spurts. A black shadow streaked high over them.

"This one attacked from the sky. It would change the weather in minutes and barely give anyone time to react. It fights like a coward. It'd usually be in the first wave of attackers when they came."

"It'll stay out of reach, won't it?"

"Yes," said Morgan.

"Okay. I'll make it chase me.You land a hit so we can outrun it. Hide using the clouds. I'll try and guide it lower so you can get above it."

"Right."

Luke and Morgan shared a glance before Morgan flew up and away. Luke faced towards where the shadow had appeared and waited.

Wind picked up. Luke's ear swung around under its pressure. It chilled him to the bone. If it fought like a coward, it would come from behind, or through the clouds. His eyes became secondary to his hearing. A tingling sensation on the edge of his fur came from underneath him, then crawled up his back to behind.