Love Will Find A Way

Start from the beginning

It's been a long but fairly good day. Lisa loved doing hair, and had a ton of clients who loved her work. She works in a nicer salon on the northside of town, and the gas is a bitch, but she makes bank. Which is why she has almost two hundred dollars in cash tips in her pocket.

She's fucking thrilled. Jennie and Ella and her sister Jisoo had come over the night before and ate the rest of their groceries, and she needed gas, and it was Rosie's twenty first birthday in two weeks, and she was pretty sure she wasn't going to be able to get her anything, until today.

So she heads out to her car and sends Rosie a text, asking what she wants for dinner, and heads to the gas station to fill up. By the time she does, Rosie still hasn't responded, so she figures that class just ran late. Which is actually perfect, she thinks to herself, turning on the air conditioner in her car and heading to the mall.

Rosie'd been having a really hard time lately. She knew that she'd never gotten along with her parents, but that didn't exactly make them cutting her off any easier, especially when she had to hide the fact that her siblings came to visit her.

She worked overtime and extra shifts so she could give Jennie and Ella money when they asked for it, and gas for not only her own car, but Jennie's, since she had to drive over to their apartment. She was always helping Lisa pay her bills, no matter how many times she'd told her to stop.

There were good times too, so many good times. When they both had a night off together and would cook dinner, well Rosie would cook dinner because Lisa was too impatient and let things burn. Or Rosie would let Lisa practice coloring her hair, or doing her makeup, or applying acrylics. Or when Lisa would be forced to help Rosie with college algebra, which ended up frustrating them both, and they'd ask Bambam for help because the little bastard was too smart for his own good.

Lisa would always reply snarkily, "Why the fuck would I go to cosmetology school if I knew how to do math?" and Rosie would throw a pillow at her. Or when they got wine drunk on their patio, smoking cigarettes even though they knew it was bad for them. Or just being wrapped in each other's arms for hours and hours. Being alone and in love.

When Lisa opens the door, a burst of hot air hits her in the face and she curses,

"Of fucking course something else would go wrong," she juggles the bag from the jewelers, the pizza, soda and salad and kicks the door shut with her foot, "Roseanne? You home? Rosie!"

Before she can set the pizza box down, Rosie pads out, clearly half asleep, hair a mess, cheeks red, and naked,

"Hey babe, you're home late," Rosie says, voice raspy.

Lisa stares at her for a moment, wondering how she got so lucky, before she nods,

"Sorry it was a long day. I grabbed dinner though."

"Oh great! How did you afford it?" Rosie asks, taking the box from her.

Lisa follows her into the bedroom, eyes locked on the dimples on her back, and Rosie sets the food on the bed, sliding under the sheet,

"Take your clothes off, it's hot," she says, flipping open the pizza box.

"I got lots of tips at work, and I knew we had no food so I figured we'd get pizza."