Chapter 1: Application

Eryn POV

            EEEEEEE! I’m so excited! I sent an application to Smosh, and they sent me an invitation to a job interview! God knows I need the money. Besides, I get to meet frekin’ SMOSH!

Anyway, I’m 25, and I live in an apartment, struggling with my rent. I have a job at a little coffee shop. I have been to college. I got a degree in game editing. Meaning, I edit games, play games, make music for games, blah, blah, blah. I worked for Sony for a while, but then I had to move here; Sacramento.

So… you’re wondering where my parents or siblings are, right? I don’t have any. I’m an orphan. Never had a family. I know, boo-hoo, get over it. I did. Doesn’t mean I can’t be lonely, though.

I’ve got brown hair with natural gold, blonde, and a few red tints all through it. My eyes are brown, but odd. My left eye is brown with silvery gray flecks, and my right; brown with light brown and gold flecks. I cut my bangs so they cover my gray-brown eye. My skin is pale. Like, really pale. I’m paper pale. My teeth are the color of my skin!

I’m fast, agile, and I know how to fight. I took self-defense lessons when I turned 17. After six years of that, I’ve pretty much mastered it.

I forgot my name, didn’t I? Whoops. My name is Eryn. Just Eryn (Pronounced Aaron or Air-in). I don’t have a last name. Sometimes people call me Huntess, because I move soundlessly, and not to mention I’m good with a bow.

My attire is loose, comfortable, and stylish. Now, as I get ready, I have on a long-sleeve white shirt and a brown leather corset-thing that laces in the front. Well, it’s not really a corset. It’s like a thick, bendy belt. Anyway, I have on a pair of fitted black pants, with no pockets. I’ve got on a brown leather jacket, and black combat boots. A hand-made necklace comes to my chest. It’s a brown, white, and gray feather, with a mockingbird charm I bought attached to it. I found some pins lying around the orphanage, and I twisted them around the gray leather strap, making it more decorative.

My hair came down to my mid-ribcage. It’s straight, with a hint of a wave. If it weren’t for my eyes, I might actually like how I look.

I reached for my phone, checking the address to Smosh, and then I shoved it into my pocket. Sighing, I opened my door, grabbed my key, and stepped out. I locked the door, and shoved the key into my pocket, along with my cell.

            I stepped out into the cool, crisp fall air. The scent of leaves filled the air. The small rays of sun seemed to shine off the left over dew on the still green grass.

            I broke off into a run, and followed the sidewalk down the street. It’s so beautiful outside this time of year. See, this is one of the good things about not owning a car.