𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎.

"if i say how i feel, would you really listen?"
_________________________________________
𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧....

Avani stared off into space thinking about her life while her dad yelled at her, for no specific reason.

Since her mom died, she couldn't remember a time when she wasn't getting picked on by her dad.

Avani's mom, Justice, died when Avani was only 12 years old.

For the next three years she was blamed for her mother's death.

And to be quite honestly... she blamed herself too.

Avani was always a quiet kid. For as long as she could remember, she was always picked on for having less than everyone else.

Her mom and dad did their best for her and her big brother. But their best was never enough for kids at her school. They were always best dressed while she wore the same couple of outfits every week.

She was never close to her big brother, due to them having a 7 year age difference.

After their mom died, her brother Nasir moved away. Leaving 12 year old Avani with their verbally abusive father.

The only person she thought she could depend on was her best friend Raheem.

You would think that the two 15 year olds would be inseparable because they've been friends since they were 9.

Avani was always Raheem's shoulder to cry on when things were rough at his house. She would keep her feelings bottled up, not wanting to make him unfriend her. She would put on this happy face in front of him when deep down.... she just wanted to die.

When Avani finally worked up the courage to tell Raheem what was going on at her house for the past 3 years, he started to distance himself from her.

When she confronted him about it, he claimed that he didn't want to be around her negative energy.

From Raheem's point of view Avani was trying to dump all of her problems onto him. Expecting him to feel bad for her. But, he wasn't going for it.

He ended up switching schools. Leaving 15 year old Avani, all alone.
_________________________________________

heyy 👋🏽. first book kinda nervous 😬 .

questions, comments, concerns?

first chapter coming soon.

vote😏❤️.