12 - Loving Eyes

☻♡

☻♡

12 - Loving Eyes

Being trapped here in the middle of no where and in their small rooms for over two weeks now was the unfortunate reality for Luke and Michael.

Neither have seen each other ever since they arrived and they missed each other dearly. Luke was on the brink of breaking down in fear and worry for how Michael was doing. Meanwhile, Michael was afraid of what was going to happen to himself.

Of course he worried about Luke as well and he hoped with all that he had that his husband was doing okay. But Michael was constantly on edge about somehow protecting himself.

Luke had always been there to help him, but now he wasn't. Michael was trying to gather more mental strength and to stand up for himself. But it only resulted in him getting hurt and crying.

He knew that he had to somehow 'figure out' why him and Luke were here. But how? How could Michael possibly figure out the psychotic chaos behind Calum's and Ashton's minds?

The two men do seem to be organized. They have a set schedule of checking in on him, and he'd assume that it was the same for Luke. It's not unusual for the two to come check on him a few times a day.

Michael was sat on his bed, staring at the sheets when the door opened and closed. He didn't even bother looking up, knowing that his best bet to not getting hurt was staying in his place and not speaking back.

He was so bored. There was nothing for him to do in this room except for staring at different objects. He was slowly losing his mind. There was even something in his mind telling him to get himself in trouble just to not be bored anymore.

Michael hated how chaotic his mind was becoming. He knew deep down that he had started acting up because he was bored. It was the only thing for him to do, even if it would result in Ashton and Calum getting angered at him.

But now Michael was way too afraid to do so again since last time. He had rose his voice too loud and made too many requests, resulting in him surprisingly getting only the silent treatment from the other two.

It only took being completely ignored for Michael to start acting more cooperative.

"You hungry?"

Michael looked up once he heard the usual serious Calum. He saw the brunette peering at him still from the door.

"Yes." He answered quietly.

Calum opened the door once again, so Michael assumed that the other was going to leave and come back to bring him some food. So Michael was surprised when Calum stayed by the open door and motioned for him to get up.

"Let's go then."

Michael has never gotten up so fast at the promise of a change of scenery. Even though it meant being with Calum, Michael was ecstatic for the opportunity.

He quietly followed the brunette down the simple wooden steps, noticing now how much noise they made when you walked on the surfaces.

When they stepped through the kitchen, Michael's eyes widened when he saw Luke sitting in there and next to Ashton.

"Luke?"

Luke looked up when he heard the voice of his precious husband, instantly scanning over the other to make sure that he wasn't hurt. He went to sit up from the kitchen table, but Ashton swiftly stopped the blonde by pulling him back into his seat.

Luke peered at Ashton who gave him a warning glare. Michael watched it confusedly, not understanding how Luke seemed to understand what Ashton meant and not understanding why Luke didn't fight out of his grip.

"Come on." Calum ordered when he harshly grabbed Michael by his wrist and brought him to the kitchen table.

Michael could only obey when Calum told him to sit down next to him and across from Luke. But he didn't seem to mind as he kept his loving eyes on Luke.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked his husband, worrying that the other wasn't doing as good as he thought he would be. Luke seemed...different in a way and even though it's only been two weeks.

Luke only mutely nodded his head, concerning Michael even more.

"What did you do to him?" Michael asked angrily, looking at Ashton expectantly. He knew that it was that man's doing.

Ashton was the one who thrived off of challenging them mentally. Calum enjoyed it too, but not at the same level as Ashton.

"Watch your tone." Calum warned with a glare.

But Michael kept his eyes on Ashton who had a cocky smirk on his face, "Luke has figured out why he's here. He has accepted his part out of us four here."

"What?" Michael asked both confused and hurt, looking back at Luke. How could he suddenly 'accept' all of this? How could he be okay with them being held against their will here?

Luke looked back at him blankly, making Michael's eyes start to brim with tears. He wasn't the same.

Luke wasn't looking at him with love and protection running through his eyes. He was looking at him the same way that Calum did; he was looking at him with hostility and danger.

"Stop crying and eat your breakfast." Luke ordered him sternly, rolling his eyes when he started to eat a spoonful of oatmeal.

The others all began to eat as well. But Michael couldn't. He wouldn't. He could only sit there with silent tears streaming down his face and with his pained eyes set onto his husband who he couldn't even recognize as the same anymore.

—•••—

What happened with Luke? 😞

Nothing good I'd presume. 😩

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚