3 - Watching and Waiting

☻♡

☻♡

3 - Watching and Waiting

Being home alone was now something completely different compared to how it used to be for Michael. When the man that he didn't know to be Ashton frightened him and forced Luke to come back home for him, it ruined the safety that Michael felt in his own home.

Michael wasn't a paranoid person, but he also wasn't someone to ignore red flags considering his hard past of dealing with various abusive foster families as a child.

He hasn't felt that kind of fear ever since he was a small kid, getting constant abuse both emotionally and physically. But it all came rushing back four days ago when Ashton was outside by the front door.

Luke felt terrible about leaving his baby at home when he's now so scared to be alone, but he still had a crappy job to attend and endure. As soon as he was off, he has been going straight home in order to pick his husband up if he needed to go anywhere like the grocery store. Michael was not to be left alone unless it was absolutely necessary now.

But here he was in the living room with his tense eyes being laid onto the television, of course while all the doors and windows were locked. There hasn't been anything else weird that has happened, but then again it's only been a few days since the unsettling event had occurred.

A text message alert caused Michael to turn his attention onto his phone, letting out a deep breathe of relief that he didn't even know that he had when he saw that it was from Luke, saying that he was on his way home.

For most couples, having equal personal space and time with their partner was the ideal circumstance. But for Luke and Michael it wasn't the case.

They preferred to always be with each other, and there really wasn't any point to being away from the other. They loved each other tremendously, and they wouldn't change anything about that obviously.

The next ten minutes without Luke passed by quick and soon Michael heard the sound of keys unlocking the front door, making him get off of the couch and out of the living room to go towards the front door. He smiled lovingly when he made eye contact with Luke, laughing when Luke grinned and rushed towards him to grab him in a huge hug.

"Luke!" Michael shrieked lovingly when Luke picked him up and started twirling him around in circles.

"How was your day, sugar?" Luke asked with a small smile once he finally out the other down.

"It was good. I cleaned up the bathroom and even sorted out the closet."

"Nothing weird happened, right?" Luke asked with a more concerned tone as he went back to the door to close it and lock it.

"No." Michael answered honestly, following Luke into the kitchen after his husband referred for him to follow his lead.

"It was probably a prank." Luke huffed as he tried to send his baby a comforting smile, "Just people being dumb like always."