The Doctors Didn't Tell You?

As Brooke laid in the ICU, Johnny went on as he remembered what Hawk had said. "From that first day you came back, you showed how you could beat those kids' asses." He gives a soft laugh. "I thought I was helping you. You already knew what you were doing, you didn't even need my help. You learned so fast, you were so strong. I failed you. As a dad and as a sensei. I'm so sorry. I don't know if you can hear me buddy, but you got it in you to pull through. You just gotta keep fighting." Johnny's eyes became glossy as he looked at his daughter.

Brooke kept fighting. The guy had her in a tough position, he swung with all his force while Brooke was trying to push him away. He wouldn't move. She yelled as she tried to push his arm away. Johnny's words were in the back of her head, "Never give up." She got out of it and started kicking. Fighting even harder, but the guy kept blocking and dodging. Nothing changed. "You can do this." He says and Brooke rolls up from the mat. "I know you can." Johnny says more intense.

----------------------------

At lunch the next day, Miguel sat with Demetri, Moon, and Yasmine. Hawk had his own table with the Cobra Kai students. "Did I tell you guys what happened yesterday with Hawk?" Miguel spoke up. "No, what?" Demetri looked up from eating. "He had the nerve to try and flirt with other girls. I told him he should be focused on Brooke but he just said, "Not here man." or whatever. It's like he forgot all about her which is the worst thing to do especially right now." Miguel shakes his head and looks at his tray. "Well Brooke didn't deserve him anyway. He can do whatever he wants because when Brooke gets back, she won't even give him a second glance." Moon said with an annoyed look on her face. "You think she'll be okay?" Miguel looks up at her. "Of course she will, she's the strongest girl I know." Moon smiles at him, making Miguel smile a little bit and look back down. 

"He's such a douche man. I can't believe Brooke loved him." Demetri says a little bit louder as the group looks to Hawk and his table. It catches the attention of Hawk who hears Demetri. He looks at them with an angry face but then looks down with a sadly. {What the hell am I doing? They're right...my eyes are only for Brooke. But if I'm gonna play the cool, I gotta keep doing it.} Hawk thought to himself. He glares at the group and looks back to his Cobra friends.

---------------------------

"Code blue. Respiration's spiking." The doctor runs in to check Brooke's heartbeat. The EGG machine was beeping rapidly next to them. Another doctor ran in and they started hooking more things up to her.

As Brooke fought with more force, the guy was still dodging them. She kept kicking, not giving the other guy a chance to fight back. All he could do was either dodge or block. As the guy walked back, Brooke did a spinning kick to his face, knocking the guy to the floor. "Point. Winner!" 

All of a sudden...Brooke's eyes opened.

--

The doctor called Johnny to let him know Brooke was awake. He didn't answer since he didn't have his phone so she had to call the other guardian. Her mom didn't pick up either.

Luckily, Carmen had come to see her. The doctors let her in because Johnny had told them that Carmen had taken care of her when he couldn't, basically a mom. They let it happen since she was also a nurse. 

She wasn't aware that Brooke was awake until she walked into the room. "Oh dios mío! You're awake!" She smiles. Brooke smiles back at her. Carmen puts her bag down and picks up her hand. "I am so glad to see you awake Brooke." Her eyes start to get watery. Brooke looks at her and her eyes begin to water as well. "Oh don't cry!" Carmen starts laughing. "Here, let's look at the gifts your friends sent in." Carmen smiles as she walks over to the gifts. "So first, here is something that Tory got you. Um, it says, "Hey sexy lady...I couldn't get you anything but just text me when you get through this cause I know you will. When you get out of the hospital you can come eat at my new job and we can spend the day together, okay? okay." Brooke lets out a faint laugh. "Okay...next one. Moon left you a little box and it seems to be jewelry and notes. You can open it when you're out of the equipment." Carmen smiles at Brooke as she puts down Moon's gift. Brooke gives a small smile. "Okay...and this is from your friend Demetri. He said the plastic isn't UV resistant so don't leave it near the window." Carmen says as she holds up a comic. "Ok." Brooke smiles at her and Carmen puts it down. "Okay and these last two baskets are from my family and the LaRussos." Carmen smiled at her. "Ooh.." Brooke tries to say a sentence but struggles. "Oh, no, no, no, what is it Brooke? What do you need?" Carmen says as she holds Brooke's arm. "Wh- Where's my dad?" Brooke's eyes look up to Carmen. "Oh..he's with Daniel. They are trying to find Robby. He was here earlier today. He has actually been coming in a few times." Carmen gives Brooke a soft smile, making Brooke look down. "Oh.." 

When Carmen left, Brooke realized the one person who she was looking forward to hearing from, didn't send her anything.

-----------------------------

The next day, the doctors took Brooke out of the equipment. Soon after, the doctor walked in and started moving Brooke's arm. "You're progressing nicely. How does this feel?" He said as he moved Brooke's arm up and down. "Yeah." Brooke responded. "What about this?" He started moving her fingers. Brooke nodded her head, "Normal." "Good!" The doctor then moved to her feet. He started touching her leg and then moved her foot in circles. "What about this?" Brooke looked down to her feet. She shook her head. "No.." The doctor started tapping her toes, "What about this?" Brooke started to get nervous. "No.." The doctor put the blanket back on her leg, "That's...That's okay." "You said the scans were okay...right?" Brooke spoke up nervously. "Yes, yes." The doctor smiled. "Am I gonna be able to do karate again?" She asked, making the doctor chuckle. "One day at a time. I'm gonna make a call to Carmen since your folks don't seem to be answering. I'll be right back." The doctor smiled at Brooke and left the room. 

----------------------------

Carmen told Miguel that Brooke was not only awake but she was also paralyzed from the waist down. The first thing he did was text Moon and Demetri. They all met up at Miguel's house the day after and Moon drove them to the hospital. 

"I can't believe she's awake!" Moon smiled as she watched the road. "Yeah but she's still paralyzed. At least she has that comic I gave her." Demetri said, making Moon's smile drop as  Miguel looked back at him. "What the hell dude!" "What?" Demetri looked at Miguel in confusion and Miguel scoffed as he looked back out the front window.

---

The day after the doctor did a check up on her, Brooke sat in the hospital bed watching the TV. She cut the sausage that was in front of her and looked at it with disgust. In the corner of her eye, she saw Johnny at the entryway of the door. "Hey." He smiled as he walked in. "Hi." Brooke smiles back. "Whoa, what happened to your face." Brooke chuckled. "I got into a fight with a paper towel dispenser." Johnny responded making Brooke laugh. "See that is something you would do. Are you sure you also didn't get into a fight while drunk?" Brooke said sarcastically. "What- how'd you know?" Johnny's face turned into concern. Brooke turned to him, "Wait what? That actually happened? I was being sarcastic." She laughed even more. "Yeah yeah whatever." Johnny rolls his eyes with a smile. "I missed you kid." He added on, making Brooke look at him with a smile and nod. Johnny looked around, "You got rid of that neck brace thing..that's good." "Ohh so Carmen was right, you did actually come." Brooke laughed. "Carmen came?" Johnny looked at her in confusion. "Oh yeah, apparently you weren't picking up your phone when the doctor called cause you were with Daniel trying to find Robby. They tried calling mom too but she didn't answer so they let Carmen come." Brooke looked at her tray of hospital food. "I'm sorry I didn't come, I don't have a phone." Johnny replied making Brooke look back up. "Wait what?" "Yeah I threw it out to the beach the night you had your accident. Never got it back." Johnny chuckled. "Oh my god you're so dramatic." Brooke rolled her eyes jokingly. 

Miguel, Demetri, and Moon walked in soon after. "Alright, I'll let you spend time with your friends." Johnny smiles and leaves. Brooke's smile grows wide when she sees her friends walk in. "Oh my god, hi!" Moon says as she quickly runs up to Brooke but gently hugs her. "Careful, careful." Brooke laughs as she wraps her arms around Moon's neck. She lets go soon after and waves at Demetri and Miguel. "I missed you so much B! You have no idea." Miguel smiles. "Did you like the comic I got you?" Demetri smiles making Brooke chuckle. "I'm just kidding, I've missed you too B." Demetri laughs as Brooke looks down laughing. " So what's been going on at school? ...karate?" Brooke looks from Demetri and Moon to Miguel. "Well that's a long story... but it's gonna be so annoying when you aren't able to drive me there anymore." Miguel says making Brooke look to him in confusion. "What do you mean?" She gives a small smile. "Well you won't be able to drive if you can't move your legs." Miguel laughs. "Wait, what? What do you mean I can't move my legs?" Brooke's face turns to confusion. Miguel looks at the rest of the group. "The doctors didn't tell you?" Moon looks at Brooke with soft eyes. "Tell me what guys? This is getting old. Just tell me." She began to get annoyed. "Um..Brooke, you're paralyzed from the waist down." Moon says, looking to the guys who's heads are down in disappointment. "What...?" Brooke's eyes began to get watery.

A/N: Welp. That's all I have to say. Welp.