New Kid

"Thanks.." Brooke stood up with her books, wiping the non-existent dust off her clothes. "Brooke." She smiled and held out her hand for a hand shake. "Luke." He smiled back as he shook her hand. 

"Nice to meet you, are you new? I haven't seen you around here." Brooke started up again. "Oh...yeah, my family and I just moved here a few days ago." He responded, taking out his schedule. "Oh! Cool, where from?" She asked, looking at him. "Oh, London." He replied, looking back at her. "Oh my god! That's so cool, I've always wanted to go there." She said with a small laugh. She motioned her head so he knew to walk with her. "So, what classes do you have?" She eyed his schedule. "Oh, here." Luke said as he handed her his schedule. "Oh, lucky for you..I have almost all of the same classes except for Math and English. Speaking of class... let's get to bio before we're late." She said as she handed his schedule back and walked up the stairs. He gave a small laugh and followed.

-

As they walked into the classroom, everyone was chatting but looked up at Brooke and Luke as they walked in. Hawk looked at her with confusion and then looked at Luke with jealousy. 

Who the hell is that guy.. Hawk thought to himself. 

"Ah perfect timing Ms. Lawrence and Mr. Williams. Please have a seat Brooke. Everyone please welcome our new student, Luke Williams." The teacher smiled as he stood up from his seat. Luke waved and smiled at everyone. "You may choose any seat that is open." The teacher said as he made his way to the whiteboard. 

Brooke sat down next to Hawk. "Hey babe!" She smiled as she kissed his cheek. "Hey..so who's that guy?" Hawk said with a faded look of jealousy, but smiled as he looked at Brooke. "Oh, I just bumped into him in the halls and he helped me pick up my books. He moved here from London." She said as she waved to Luke, who was sitting in the back. He replied with a smile. Brooke looked back at Hawk and she could instantly tell that he was jealous. "Hey...we just became friends, you really don't have to worry." She said as she put her hand on his cheek.

-

After class, Hawk left with his friends to make his way to his next class. As Brooke was grabbing her things, about to leave the class as well, Luke stopped her. "Hey, wanna walk to our next class together?" He asked with a smile. "Oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot you didn't know your way around. I can be your tour guide." She lightly laughed.

As they got into their next class, they found two open seats and sat next to each other. "I'm so glad you have this class because I know no one in here. I usually sit here alone." She said with a relieved sigh as she put her things on the desk. "Well it's good that we bumped into each other because I'm sure this day would have been a hell of a lot worse if I hadn't." He responded back with a smile. Brooke looked at him, giving a small smile. It had gone silent, which became awkward. "So do you play any sports?" She asked, trying to start conversation. "Well not really anymore, but soccer was one of the main things I did." He replied, opening his notebook. "What about you?" He added on. "Well I was interested in dance but now I do karate." She laughed as her home screen turned on, revealing a pic of her on the shoulders of Hawk, holding up the trophy from the All Valley Tournament. "Ah so you must be good then." He grinned, looking at her phone. "You're words not mine." She smiled confidently, looking to the front of the room.

-

"This class is. so. boring. By the time he stops talking, I'll be old as fuck." Brooke scoffed to Luke, making hold back a grin. "Yeah..we have this guy for the rest of the year?" He asked, making Brooke laugh. "LAWRENCE! QUIET! Or you will be getting your first detention slip." The teacher yelled from across the room and Brooke slapped her mouth with her hand. Her face turned red of embarrassment, letting out a muffled "Sorry."