Why Her

As Brooke was falling, it felt as if she was falling in slow motion. She was flailing her arms, as if she was trying to grab onto something and as she was doing so...she heard Tory yell, "BROOKE!" All of a sudden, memories just started filling up her brain. Eli..to Hawk and their best moments as a couple. Miguel and her meeting and becoming best friends...going to Golf N' Stuff together. Moon and her developing a close bond and telling each other everything. Her and Tory getting along on Tory's first day at the dojo then becoming amazing friends from there. Aisha being the second girl that came into the dojo and them always having fun. Her and Robby seeing each other again and re-gaining that brother-sister relationship. Johnny and her re-connecting and having a great father-daughter bond... being his rock. Sam always supporting Brooke even when Miguel and Sam were in the rocky parts of their relationship. Demetri being the realistic friend but always being there for Brooke. Finally, Kreese being a grandpa-like figure even when she didn't support his actions anymore. 

After those thoughts, she felt a sharp pain run up her back and her eyesight went dark.

As Brooke laid motionless on the floor, an officer was yelling "Clear the way! Clear the way!" As Robby and Miguel rushed over to look over the railing. "We need an ambulance at West Valley High." The officer said into his walkie talkie. "Brooke!" Miguel yelled as he ran down the stairs to stand near her. The students surrounded her and Tory made her way up to her as well. Sam looked at her, holding her arms, then looked at Robby. "Robby, what did you do?!" Robby looked at her and looked back down to his motionless sister. His face was filled with sadness and guilt. He didn't know what to do so he ran off. 

Hawk walked up to the crowd, not knowing what was going on. He saw Brooke's body and he got hit with a wave of guilt. He looked at Robby who ran off which made him angry but his sadness took over majority of his body so he didn't do anything. He walked up to her and tried to hold her, but Miguel stopped him. "Don't touch her dude...that could do more damage." Miguel held his arm out to stop Hawk. He looked down and the rest of her friends surrounded her. Demetri walked up in shock and stood with the rest of them. Tory and Sam had tears in their eyes. Moon quickly ran up and broke into tears. "Oh my god!" She covered her face. The rest of the group looked at her and the guys' eyes started to fill with tears as well. "She wasn't even involved in anything and she was the one that took the damage. Why her?!" Hawk's voice was angry but his face was sad.

The officers ran in between the friends, making sure none of them were touching her. They checked her pulse as the ambulance took her and brought her to the hospital.

------------------------------

The doctors took Brooke's X-Rays and was put in a neck-brace. As she laid in the hospital bed in the X-Ray room, the doctors did more observations and cleaned up the blood on her face.

"You've seen your fair share of these. So, you know the next 24 hours are critical." The doctor says to Miguel's mom and Johnny. Miguel, Hawk, Moon, and Tory waited outside with the parents. "But she's gonna pull through, right?" Johnny says to the doctor with a shaky voice. "We're doing everything we can. Excuse me." The doctor said as she walked off. "I'm so sorry." Johnny whispered in his hands as his eyes got watery. Carmen went up to him and rubbed his back, "I'm so sorry Johnny. Brooke was an amazing girl. She was like a daughter to me." Her friends were all either looking down or crying. "So we can't even see her till a few days?" Hawk said with a shaky voice, lifting his head up. Carmen shook her head to his question which made him look back down. 

Johnny made his way to the door to just see her face another time. He looked at her, his eyes filled up with water. He pulled out a phone and listened to the voice mail she had left him that morning. "Hey dad! I didn't see you this morning but just wanted to say love ya! Funny story, I got up super late this morning and almost put on two different pairs of shoes. I caught it though and surprisingly also made it to school on time. I'm sitting in this school parking lot, about to go in. I'm feeling pretty nervous about the first day but I'll get through it. Can't wait to see you at the dojo later...Maybe after, we could celebrate me getting through the first day and eat at that cafe we went to. Um, okay, I should get going or else I'll be late. Bye!" Brooke's laugh as she said bye made Johnny break. He put his phone back in his pocket and put his hand on the door...looking at Brooke laying there with all the equipment connected to her.