The Arrival

(Picture above is what you are wearing)

                           (Brooklyn/You)  - Portrayed by Megan Fox !!

Brooke woke up in the L.A. airport, harsh airport lights shining down at her with the sounds of the people announcing flights. As she got up and rubbed her eyes, she looked around, noticing not many people were near her. 

Thank god, she thought to herself. 

Checking the time on her phone, she sighed. Almost sunset. She dragged her feet, heading over to get her luggage at baggage claim. After she got her bag and walked out to the pick-up lot, she ordered an Uber and waited for it to come. 

Around 10 minutes later she put her suitcase in the trunk and got in the passenger's seat. After a small conversation, she turned on her selective hearing. Half the time she was zoning out, thinking of the new journey that awaited. She told him where her hotel was and soon after, she was in front of it. Thanking the driver, she grabbed her bags and took a deep breath.

"Brooklyn Lawrence." 

The front desk lady gave a kind smile. "Ah! Here is your key to get in, enjoy your stay!" Brooke thanked her and headed to her room.

She opened the door and everything was set up neatly.

Okay whoa.

As she looked out the window to the view before her, growls from her stomach began to start. She realized her hunger was also an opportunity to explore the city a little bit. She head to the bathroom to make her knotted hair and smudged makeup look presentable.

Grabbing her purse, she checked that it had her pepper spray in it and made her way out the door. Walking down the street, she stopped at a mall strip. As she walked into the small store, she couldn't help but notice a blonde-haired, middle-aged man trying to get a slice of pizza. He looked as if he was having a hard time with the cashier. She got a glimpse of his side profile and stopped for a second.

Wait....

Making sure to be subtle, she got closer to get a clearer look.

"Dad?" 

The man turned around and his mouth dropped a tad bit. "Oh my god...Brooke? What are you doing here?" She slowly made her way up to him. "I could ask you the same thing..." Her eyes went from his face, to his clothing. He looked rough, and that was an overstatement. 

He sighed, "Seriously, what are you doing here?" The memories of him, which was barely any, began to cloud her mind. Anger began to replace the feelings that were once sympathy. He noticed. 

He awkwardly cleared his throat and took his pizza from the guy. "Why don't we...um, let's go outside and talk." She scoffed and looked him in the eye. "I'm not sure I want to do that." 

He looked to the ground and quickly wiped his nose. "Cmon." He tilted his head to the door. Rolling her eyes, she walked outside and Johnny followed.

As they got outside and sat on the curb, he took a bite from his pizza. "So are you gonna answer my question?" He asked while chewing. "I'm here because I wanted to see what it would have been like if I grew up here. You know, if you hadn't left- Actually, I'm not gonna get into it. Long story short, I wanted to be on my own for a little while and I figured L.A. was a decent place to start. I saved up a lot and with the help from the people who raised me, I figured I'd do fine." She tried to conceal her anger, not daring to look at him. She was doing just fine until she had seen her dad. "I don't know if I agree that this was a good place to start...what are you doing in an area like thi-" He was cut off by a car that had just parked near them with music blasting.

A car full of douche-bag looking guys got out and walked by them, one of them blowing smoke into Johnny's face. Johnny's jaw clenched but he soon relaxed after they just walked straight into the store they had just been in. 

Typical high schools guys, Brooke thought as she shook her head.

A second later, a homeless woman yelled at the two to get away because it was "her mart". Johnny talked back to her as Brooke tried to hold in her laugh but it escaped her lips. He just shook his head in disappointment. They heard the door open with the dudes coming back out, picking on this scrawny kid who had a medium skin tone with dark hair. He seemed scared but she just ignored it. 

Idiots she thought.

"Anyway, my hotel is like down the street. Relax, I have pepper spray." Brooke turned to face Johnny to answer his previous question. He shook his head. "Look, I'm sorry about everything but I really don't think it's a good idea to move down here by yourself. You're what, 16? I don't even know how you got a hotel room." He had just finished his pizza. 

"Ironic of you to be so worried about me now. Besides, grandpa rented me the hotel and he's obviously over 18. I don't think it should be any of your concern though." She looked at her phone to check the time.

Growing up, Brooke developed more independence and self-reliance as time went on. Of course her grandparents expressed their love, but it was through money. 

A part of her lived on the crumbs she was given for memories of her brother, Robby.

She didn't think it would make much of a difference moving down to L.A. Either way, she would've been alone.

As Brooke was about to say something else, there was a scene that caught her attention in the corner of her eye. One of the guys poured pepto bismol on the kid's head. She finally stood up and Johnny just looked at her in confusion. She finally understood what was going on. 

That poor kid

The dude that poured the pink medicine on the kid finally punched him in the stomach and that's when she headed over to the group. The kid was pushed onto her dad's car and that's when Johnny stood up as well. "Keep your funny business away from my car." He rolled his tongue on the inside of his cheek.

"Okay that's enough." Brooke yelled. "Oooh" The group of guys laughed,  trying to act intimidating. She rolled her eyes and didn't waste another second, throwing herself in to defend the kid. One after one, she brought them to the floor. They kept coming after her but she sensed every move they were going to do. She knew where they were and where they were gonna hit. It was as if she was being controlled like a puppet, but she embraced it. All of a sudden, one of the guys got her in a choke hold. Gasping for breath, she tried to get him off. 

That's when Johnny jumped in. 

He, too, was able to predict their moves which allowed him to get the upper hand. After a few minutes, the boys were left groaning on the ground while the kid stood their in shock. A faint smile grew across her face when she noticed he was using karate. 

Due to the commotion, the cops showed up soon after. They accused Johnny, being the adult he is. Her and the scrawny kid tried to tell them that the group of guys started it but that was no help as he was put in the cop car.

A/N!: So this is my first chapter and my first story. It wasn't that eventful, it was just to get the story started off.