30 | the power of love

Start from the beginning

"Let's go." Taehyung's voice was deep, but she could tell he was about to breakdown at any moment.

In the background, the boy swore profanities but Taehyung continued to march ahead. Thus, he was soon forgotten and she allowed herself to be dragged away by him. A couple steps later, she finally called out for him but he said nothing and just kept walking.

She heard a faint sniffle from him and in an instant she ran in front of him only to find the tears streaming down his cheeks, "I'm sorry you had to go through this but it's not your fault, none of it is. You're a good person."

Her heart broke at his state and she couldn't bare it so she pulled him into a tight embrace.

"You deserve a lot better," she could hear the loud lub dubs of his heart as her head rested against his chest. "You don't need Dansae, you've already got good friends who'll take good care of you and treat you by your worth."

She always knew that Dansae was trouble but that group of the devil's spawns kept taking it to a higher level and it was becoming too much to bare.

She felt his hands slowly drape around her body and he held her just as tight, "D-Do real friends... make you feel inferior to them?"

She gripped onto him tighter as his voice cracked, "No, not at all and please stop crying. Everything will be okay. I promise." She sniffled, softly.

"Are you crying?" He lifted her head to get a look at her and both their eyes were filled with tears.

"I'm sorry, I stained your t-shirt..."

He gave a weak smile, "It's okay but I can't see you like th-"

"No, Tae. Your happiness is my happiness, when you cry so will I. If you laugh so will I. If you tease me, I'd tease you back because I appreciate and care a lot about you Taehyung." She confessed and wiped his tears from his cheeks. "And I know this is really difficult but K. Superior once told me that, without bad experiences we wouldn't know what happy moments are. So these are all just stepping stones which we need to grow from in order to make better decisions in the future so we can determine what happiness is."

His eyes grew soft and filled with love. All of those words were comforting to him but what was most comforting was that it was her and not anybody else with him. What Minho said to him about Sooyeong meant nothing to him now because he knew how he felt for her and how she made him feel everytime she was around.

"Look up at the world and smile," her tears glistened in the light. "Better days are coming."

"I'd rather look down," he said, wiping away her tears with a weak smile before he pulled her into a tight hug. "Thank you,"

Immediately she felt as if 1.21 gigawatts of electrical impulses shot throughout her heart making it race up to 88 miles per hour, and she swore to the heaven and the stars that this was one of the most serious shit she'd ever felt in a long time.

How she felt toward Taehyung was in such a way which she's never felt for anyone else before and she decided then and there that when things got a little less emotional, she'd ask him to go to the Spring Festival with her.

"I think I should get you home," Taehyung suddenly spoke with a few stray sniffles, "It's getting late..."

She nodded her head and walked with him along the pavement but as they walked she noticed the goose bumps covering his arms.

"You've got goose bumps again," she softly spoke and he looked down, surprised, because those goose bumps weren't in fact because of the cold, rather his body was thrilled at the fact that he was in love despite Sooyeong coming with so much hardships- it was almost as if he was a fool in love.

"You should just use my jersey." She began to remove the garment and Taehyung's gaze fell over her. He was ready to protest but consequently, he got a glimpse of her belly button as well as her waist when she pulled on the jersey.

Immediately he looked forward and gulped. Despite the fact that he had seen a lot more than that last week he still found himself completely flushed, "N-No, I'm good!"

"Are you sure?" she looked at him with her jersey hanging off both of her shoulders, "And why are your ears so red? Are you ok-"

"I-I see something," he interjected, in order to change the subject but before she could inquire, Taehyung pulled her towards him and then lifted her onto his shoulder so she couldn't see his flushed cheeks.

"Taehyung!" She gasped at his actions and tried to look at him but to no avail. "What are you doing? Put me down!"

He said nothing, still. He just kept walking.

What in the world did he see?

She tugged on his t-shirt as she felt her own one ride up, "Put me down Tae, or I'll make sure Tannie bites you."

He chuckled and finally came to a stop. He gently put her down and she straightened out her clothes but all he did was crouch to the floor.

She looked at him quizzically before he threw a hand up for her to take.

"Sit down! Sit down!" He beamed.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

This chapter was a tribute to the Back to the Future trilogy because I absolutely adore it. If you haven't watched it, please do.

*The 80's Café is from the BTTF triology.

Author, Lu 💜